Waiting for a phone call....

AllenOK

from my tax preparer, letting me know that the IRS has accepted my return and my refund check is ready to pick up................

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Boy that was quick Allen, I haven't even gotten the information together yet to see my tax perparer. I'm sure we will get it done in the next couple of weeks though.

suziquzie

wow nice! Still waiting on DH's w-2 and the bank stuff..... :(

wish it would hurry up so we know if this years refund will cover last years' owing and we can stop sending them $80 a month.

I need to build my own island country.

FooD

That reminds me, today being Jan 15, I have to send in my estimated payments for both state and federal.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I got our W4 but waiting to get the medical bills and prescription bills together for my wife. I also need to file for state and county taxes on income also. I have no idea what kind of refund to expect this year as I'm not sure what the tax cut will mean less refund or less taxes over all.

buckytom

Grill Master
wow that was fast, allen!

i just started getting my paperwork: still need my w2 and a 1099 or two. i'll be lucky to get everything by mid february. then i have to hunt down the accountant.

AllenOK

I've been lucky; only 1 job, and we rent, so I don't have to wait for statements about interest, etc. My job got our w-2's out quick, as well. A full week before the IRS would accept a return.

I'm still waiting on the IRS to get off their collective goobermint butts! They didn't start accepting returns until 3 pm CST on Friday. They still haven't accepted mine, as of 12:30 pm CST Sat. It's probably going to be Tuesday sometime, as Monday is a holiday, and I just don't see the IRS working on that day.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
If it isn't Tuesday it will be Thursday I believe. If I'm not mistaken they only send out refunds 2 days a week be it by check or electronic. I have usually gotten mine electronically about 10 days after it is filed though their site will say much longer, I guess just to cover their butts.