spicy roasted pumpkin seeds - home made !!

Saliha

I got that recipe (and pictures) from my friend from UK (thanks Riz!):

--------------------------------------------------------

i collected lots of seeds from my pumpkin, i read the best ones to oven roast are the sugar pumpkin seeds, mine is, so i am ok, but i am not certain about that, i am sure you can roast either variety of seeds..

give the seeds a good rinse with luke warm water, making sure you get the orange stringy bits off the seeds...

after they have been cleaned pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or just regular clean towel..

for spicy roasted seeds you will need some red chilli powder, chilli flakes, salt

mix that in a with some veg oil

put the seeds in the bowl of your spice mixture and stir well with fork so all the seeds are coated with the spice mix

DSC03155_zps81a32d6c.jpg

you will need a flat baking tray, i cover mine with tin foil, and brush a little oil on it so the seeds dont stick....

spread them out evenly, minor overlapping is ok, but try to spread them out evenly as you can

i roast them at 230C gas mark 5 for 15 minutes first, you can see the flakes and chili stuck to the seeds..

after around 15 mins i turn them over with a fork as best i can for another 15 minutes..

they look nice and brown, at this point its best to take a few out, make sure they are not hot when you pop one in your mouth, if its crunchy and spicy, they are done, if they are a bit chewy leave them in for another 5 minutes

whoa!!!! i cant believe they are spicy crunchy and really tasty, i am rally peased with the results, and in future i will never throw away my pumpkin/squash seeds
smile.gif

i put them in this small jar..

Saliha

DSC03175_zps96d641b7.jpg

DSC03176_zps97ff3d76.jpg

-------------------------------------------

He kindly sended me some of those pumpkin seeds he used to me to try; not to roast but to grow... and at the autumn I (hopely) can try to roast my own ones...