Lemony Salmon Burgers

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this recipe, and they were just okay (I served them in halves of good pita bread, with the spring salad in the bread, too).

I like Sass Muffin's salmon patty recipe better http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6616&highlight=salmon

Lee

Lemony Salmon Burgers

Two 7.5 oz. cans salmon, drained and mashed
2 eggs, beaten
4 T. chopped parsley (I used cilantro)
1 large lemon, zested and juiced
3 T. minced garlic
1 teas. Old Bay seasoning
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
Shakes of hot sauce, to taste

Combine all ingredients and form 4 burgers. Heat frying pan over medium-high heat, and heat small amount of veg. oil. Cook 6 minutes on first side, then 4 or 5 minutes more on second side.

Serve with homemade tartar sauce, lemon and/or hot sauce.

Attachments

• Salmon 1.JPG
    Salmon 1.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Salmon 2.JPG
    Salmon 2.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Salmon 3.JPG
    Salmon 3.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 166

Johnny West

They certainly look good. I don't know about
the cilantro, though. Panko is big for breading
out here but I prefer Progresso crumbs for meatloaf
and salmon patties.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think I used store brand fine bread crumbs, John - no seasoning.

Made the salmon burgers taste more like the fish sticks we had in grammar school, even with the Old Bay I added.

Lee

Johnny West

LOL - I kind of like the fish sticks from school days. I'll have to get some Gorton's for next Friday, unless it's not raining then I'll grill some salmon. We usually make salmon patties from the leftover grilled salmon which gives it a hint of smoked taste. Anyway, I have all the ingredients for salmon patties and will give your recipe a try.

Domestic Goddess

LOL - I kind of like the fish sticks from school days. I'll have to get some Gorton's for next Friday, unless it's not raining then I'll grill some salmon. We usually make salmon patties from the leftover grilled salmon which gives it a hint of smoked taste. Anyway, I have all the ingredients for salmon patties and will give your recipe a try.

Johnny, would you mind posting the recipe for your salmon patties?

I like the idea of making them from leftover grilled salmon as well.

Johnny West

My recipe is pretty basic, just like allrecipes. Depending on how much salmon is leftover I add one or two eggs, panko, dried parsley, and chopped onion. I try not to use to much onion or the patty can become crumbly. Usually I fry in butter but last time used a bit of peanut oil and it worked great.

My homemade tartar sauce is mayo, yellow mustard, dill pickle relish, and dried dill mixed together.

If this rain ever stops I'll a big piece of king and make some patties.

Johnny West

The other night I grilled a tail section of coho for salmon patties and finally got around to making them tonight. These were made with shredded salmon, soda crackers, chopped onion, lemon juice, dried parsley dried dill, and two eggs, then fried in butter and peanut oil. I found out I had no panko.

Attachments

• ########Patty.JPG
    ########Patty.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 148

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful!

All that lovely foaming butter had to add to the flavor!

Lee

Johnny West

They were good and there are some leftover for tomorrow. I used to be able to eat 2 but not anymore.

Attachments

• ########Patty MS.JPG
    ########Patty MS.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 151