Thursday, 1/27/2011, Whats on the table today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it will be chicken - either ala king or sesame with rice, sting beans and maybe tomatoes on the side in some fashion.

Any plans?

K

Kimchee

Carne asada tacos, pico de gallo and avocado slices on top. Goya Spanish rice and refried beans.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This is for Karen. LOL

Lunch was – Leftover Taco fixings from last night.

taco_012711_1_P1070417.JPG

taco_012711_2_P1070416.JPG

Last edited:

Ronjohn

I have no idea since Sheila has claimed cooking duty for the week (Something about a diet) but I'm sure it will involve staying in since it's snowing (And again... something about a diet). ;)

mhend

DH is watching the kids and I'm going out with some girlfriends tonight to a little place called Bandito Burrito for dinner, drinks and live music! Should be a fun night. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
No one is really hungry at the moment. So I may just have a tomato and lettuce sammie. They can have cereal or whatever when they get hungry.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DH is watching the kids and I'm going out with some girlfriends tonight to a little place called Bandito Burrito for dinner, drinks and live music! Should be a fun night. :)
I hope you have fun time Mary!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Your taco looks delicious, Peeps. Thanks for the pic! Around here, we call those "gringo tacos" and one of our local watering holes, Yo-Yo-Mo's, does a land office business selling them. Sometimes, you just want what you are used to...even if you ARE in the land of tacos, LOL. I have some chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove. Jerry has the same bug that I had earlier in the week, but seems to be having a worse time of it than I did. The local doctor's office opens for the evening at 6 pm, so I'm taking him there to see if he needs some antibiotics (BTW, a doctor's office call here costs $200 pesos (about $17 USD). Our Dr. Mauro speaks perfect English and is very astute. I'll shovel some soup into him when I get him home. Have fun, Mary!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
This morning I made twice baked potatoes to go with the Porterhouse steak. DW doesn't like sweet taters, so I made her a russet. From the Porterhouse DW got the fillet and I got the NY Strip. We both remarked at how good this steak was, as it was Angus and came from Wal-Mart meat counter. I'll buy there again,

TwiceBakedPotatoes.jpg

Dinner012711.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Roasted carrots in duck fat, and steamed & riced potatoes.

lamb carrots 003.jpg

I peeled the little lamb tenderloins, and sauteed them quickly. Deglazed the pan with a little white wine, rosemary, lemon & garlic.

lamb carrots 006.jpglamb carrots 010.jpglamb carrots 011.jpg

Very satisfactory. What it lacked in plating, it made up for in taste.
lamb carrots 015.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Your taco looks delicious, Peeps. Thanks for the pic! Around here, we call those "gringo tacos" and one of our local watering holes, Yo-Yo-Mo's, does a land office business selling them. Sometimes, you just want what you are used to...even if you ARE in the land of tacos, LOL. I have some chicken noodle soup simmering on the stove. Jerry has the same bug that I had earlier in the week, but seems to be having a worse time of it than I did. The local doctor's office opens for the evening at 6 pm, so I'm taking him there to see if he needs some antibiotics (BTW, a doctor's office call here costs $200 pesos (about $17 USD). Our Dr. Mauro speaks perfect English and is very astute. I'll shovel some soup into him when I get him home. Have fun, Mary!

Thank you Karen. I build my tacos like this - cheese (so it melts), meat, Frank's hot sauce, taco sauce, green onions, black olive, tomato, lettuce. You really can't see that in the pictures. YUMMY!!

I hope Jerry feels better soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This morning I made twice baked potatoes to go with the Porterhouse steak. DW doesn't like sweet taters, so I made her a russet. From the Porterhouse DW got the fillet and I got the NY Strip. We both remarked at how good this steak was, as it was Angus and came from Wal-Mart meat counter. I'll buy there again,

Dinner012711.jpg
OH JOE!! I want that plate!! YUMMY

Really I WANT that plate!! LOL The food looks awesome also!! TeeHee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Roasted carrots in duck fat, and steamed & riced potatoes.
I peeled the little lamb tenderloins, and sauteed them quickly. Deglazed the pan with a little white wine, rosemary, lemon & garlic.

Very satisfactory. What it lacked in plating, it made up for in taste.
View attachment 10226

WOW SS!! That looks fantastic.

mhend

Thanks Peeps and Karen. Girls night out got postponed. One of the ladies' kids got sick, so I went to Arby's and picked up dinner for us tonight.

Everybody's meals look fantastic!

Guts

hot fudge sundae gone in 2 min. 22 seconds scarfed that bad boy down..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 404

PanchoHambre

Nice sunday Guts.. even considering being surrounded by feet of snow I now wish there was Ice Cream in the house.

Here leftover stew with some egg noodles nothing exciting but nice warm your bones stuff to go with the weather.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Where do I start? Joe, your steak (and presentation) looks wonderful, and SS! Those lamb tenderloins look SO good, along with those beautiful carrots! Hot fudge sundae looks smashing, Guts. Haven't had one of those in a long time...

Jerry is officially sick. Doc prescribed an antibiotic for him and some expectorant syrup. The fun part started when we left the house to get into the pickup to drive to the doctor...flat tire! So, we called a cab. This is always a challenge, because of the way the houses are numbered on our street. Our house is #100 and the house across the street is #425. The house next to us doesn't have a number. You get the idea. So I have to describe how to get to our house (in Spanish) and sometimes I do better than others. He did find us, so that was good. Then we had to walk a ways to get another cab from the doctor's office, then had the cab driver wait for us while we got the Rx at the farmacia (Seria tan amable, por favor, espara durante vamos a farmacia?) Not sure if that's correct, but it worked.

So...we finally got home and had soup, and it wasn't that great. I only had itty bitty noodles. But I did bake cookies this morning. Jerry isn't hungry anyway, so I am eating chocolate chip cookies for dinner.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice dinners all.
Peeps, I loved your tacos!
Joe, you know I always love, love, LOVE your dinners.
Sage, nice simple dinner.. looks delicious.

Karen, I am sorry that Jerry isn't feeling well.
Speedy recovery to him from Ohio! :D

buckytom

Grill Master
nice dinners, everyone, especially ss. man, i could go for lamb tenderloins. :wub:

dw made buffalo cheeseburgers and fries tonight:

img0793j.jpg