Spaghetti Salad

Domestic Goddess

I love this salad, and while the recipe does make a lot, this pasta salad
is sure to please your guests. I do make this salad one day prior to serving,
and that's so I can incorporate a bit more of the Italian dressing into the salad.

Spaghetti%2BSalad%2B001.JPG

Spaghetti Salad

1 lb. spaghetti (broken into 3rd's)
1 (16 oz.) bottle Kraft's Zesty Italian Fat Free Dressing
2/3 cup Kraft's Zesty Italian Fat Free Dressing
3 tablespoons McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
Half of 1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
2 large Roma tomatoes, seeded and cut-up
1 cup each: broccoli and cauliflower, cut into small pieces
1 large carrot, shredded
1 (8 oz.) pkg. Colby-Jack marbled cheese, cubed small
1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced black olives, drained

Cook the spaghetti, then rinse under cold water till the spaghetti is cool. Drain well.
(I cooked my spaghetti exactly for 12 minutes.)

Marinade the spaghetti over night with the 16-ounces of Italian dressing.

The next day (or morning), add the remaining ingredients, plus the 2/3's cup of Italian dressing.

Chill the salad several hours in the refrigerator before serving.

Yields: 7 lbs. of spaghetti salad

Note: Another really tasty Italian Dressing you can use in place of the Kraft's Dressing...
Fit & Active Fat Free Zesty Italian Dressing (which is sold at Aldi's).

Spaghetti%2BSalad%2B002.JPG

....... An up close picture of the salad .......

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Beautiful salad and I love everything in it. I'm trying to get in the habit of going to Aldi at least every two weeks or so. Their prices on most stuff are very good. Thanks for the tip on the Italian dressing. I'll give it a try.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beautiful salad and I love everything in it. I'm trying to get in the habit of going to Aldi at least every two weeks or so. Their prices on most stuff are very good. Thanks for the tip on the Italian dressing. I'll give it a try.
Are the products good quality? I have heard Aldi only sells their name products like TJ.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love this salad!
They have a version of it at most grocery store delis around here this time of year.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice twist to a regular pasta salad by marinating the pasta in salad dressing!

Looks and sounds terrific!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Are the products good quality? I have heard Aldi only sells their name products like TJ.

I think they are. Their Savoritz cheez-its are better than Nabisco. I also like their peanut butter, their brand of Laughing Cow cheese, potato chips, Texas Toast, Savoritz saltines and pita chips. The dairy, fruit, meat, and vegetables I've bought there has been good too. The only item that I wouldn't buy again is frozen lasagna. Stouffer's beats theirs by a ton. I'd be willing to bet that you don't buy frozen lasagna though :).

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmm I love this type of salad. Will have to try the marinating overnight, never have tried that before. I do love the Kraft Zesty Italian dressing. Can't go wrong with that in the mix.

Chowder, that is how I'm reading it also. I believe you are correct in your interpretation.

Domestic Goddess

Here's a photo of McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning, as well as Kraft's Zesty Italian Fat Free Dressing, which I used when preparing the Spaghetti Salad.

Attachments

• McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme Seasoning #3_.JPG
    McCormick Perfect Pinch Salad Supreme Seasoning #3_.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 15
  • (16-oz.) bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Fat-Free Dressing_.JPG
    (16-oz.) bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Fat-Free Dressing_.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 14

Domestic Goddess

Cooksie, my husband I have always enjoyed shopping at Aldi's.