Adillo wants us to have an outdoor cooking contest!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Andy is having so much fun with his new WSM smoker that he wants to have a little competition with NCT members who want to play.

He was kicking around ideas in PM's with me, but I suggested we solicit ideas from the rest of the bunch.

What would an online outdoor cooking competition look to you guys? On what would it be judged? How?

How about a couple of small prizes awarded, like a gift certificate to Penzy's spices, Hawgeyes BBQ website, Amazon.com?

Ideas?

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll have to give some thought to the hows.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for posting this Lee. I'm behind it 100% :thumb:

Squirrel

Mess Cook
Site Supporter
I've been involved in contests like this before and usually it starts with a theme, for example - Steak is the theme. Since it is a "grilling" contest all entries must be cooked on a grill. Here are some of the rules that usually apply:

Only one plated picture can be entered. As much food can be on the plate, but only one plate.
Entries must be made during contest time.
Only one entry per contestant.
Entries are to be PM'd to coordinator by pre-determined date. (midnight of last day)
Entries should not be posted in general forum or revealed at anytime or will be disqualified.
Entries are voted on in a blind poll by members of the forum.

That's a start! I know I'm a newbie, but I would be glad to help in any way.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for resurfacing this idea, Squirrel and Sweet Tooth!

I think we got derailed by "life getting in the way".

Let's see if we can get this going again!

I had planned to smoke some pork ribs and beef ABT's this Sunday, but since it's my roommate's birthday, she's talking about us going to her sister's gourmet restaurant in Gloucester.

Anyway, maybe Andy will chime in on his contest idea.

Lee