Getting a new car!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I am entering the final stages of getting a new 2016 Toyota Camry!
My old Ford Crown Vic has too many things broken on it, so I'm going to junk it.

I will be leasing the Camry for three years. I is much more reliable and brand new!! And it has some pretty impressive features under the hood and inside the cabin!

I test drove it already and like it very much!! :driving:

Attachments

• 2015-toyota-camry-front-angle3_10242_089_480x360.jpg
    2015-toyota-camry-front-angle3_10242_089_480x360.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

chilefarmer

Shermie, bet you will enjoy having a new ride. I don't drive much any more. Wife does most of the driving. I do still have my 2008 ford truck I drive it when I drive. Its almost worn out. Just turned over 50,000 miles.
You gonna be one happy camper (driver) CF:clap:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, guys!

Don't have it yet, but I'm hoping that I get approved for it soon!! :driving:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Shermie, hope things are looking up for you!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Toyota was trying to put me in a Corolla. They don't think that I can afford the payments! I told the dealership that car is too small!

I offered to double the down payment on the Camry to make the payments smaller. The financial manager says that he will do whatever it takes to make it possible. ;)

Shermie

Site Supporter
Oh yes, yes, yes!!!

The down payment has been doubled, and I've been approved for the car!!

I go sign the rest of the papers today, bring in the old car tomorrow, return the old plates and I will be driving the car home tomorrow evening!!!!!

Finally, after almost a week of hassles back & forth, my dream car will be home tomorrow!!!!! :driving:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks! Yes I will enjoy it!!

Everything was finalized yesterday evening! I signed the rest of the paperwork, the insurance and registration will be transferred over to the new car today and I will be picking up the new car and driving it home early tomorrow morning!! :thankyou:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, everyone!!

It IS a very nice & lovely car!! I've been zipping around town in it most of the morning!! I'm spoiled with it!!

It is very quiet, and for a 2.5 liter 178-hp 4-cylinder engine, it certainly has a lot of pep & power to it!! Goes from 0 to 60 in about 3.5 seconds!! It can get out of it's own way, and even though it is the baseline model, it still has lots of bells & whistles!!

My android smart phone is paired with the car's blue tooth feature for hands-free talking on the phone!! It even picks up and announces incoming text messages!! It is like a dream come true!! :wink: :driving:

Last edited:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those are very nice and dependable cars. Congrats Shermie. You are gonna love it. Enjoy!!!! You deserve it!!!!!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, Doc & Saliha!!

You are right, they ARE very dependable & quiet!! I loved it when I test drove it a week ago Saturday!! It is the best car that I ever had!! :wink::driving:

Embryodad

Thanks, Doc & Saliha!!

You are right, they ARE very dependable & quiet!! I loved it when I test drove it a week ago Saturday!! It is the best car that I ever had!! :wink::driving:
Congrats and you picked a wise choice as far as brand. The 2.5L engine is a power horse.
A very reliable engine.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Congrats and you picked a wise choice as far as brand. The 2.5L engine is a power horse.
A very reliable engine.

Thanks!

Not as powerful as a V6 or a V8, but the 4-cylinder engine REALLY is pretty powerful and packs an awful lot of horsepower, especially on the highway!!

It feels almost like I'm driving a V6!! Can't say enough about it, only that I wish I got it long time ago!! I once had a '94 Camry before, and IT was good as well.

It has a very reliable track record! Ninety % of customers who owned a Camry before like it so much that they usually buy a Camry again!! I just was NOT going to let them put me into a Corolla. It is way too small!

When the lease is up in "18, I more than likely will lease another Camry!! I love it so much!! :driving: :bounce:

Shermie

Site Supporter
WTG! Shermie. I know you will love it. I had a Corolla once and it was a great car and miss it.

I, also, had a Corolla once, and then its look-alike cousin - the GEO Prizm.
They were both very good cars, and they were dependable.

I would've gotten a Corolla, but I'm too big for the car now. I needed that extra leg and elbow room that only The Camry or the Avalon can give me!

And since I know that they would not have approved me for the Avalon, the next best car to get was the Camry, which I am very happy and overjoyed with! :wow::driving:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just a little heads-up;

The Camry is working very nicely! It is a great car, and I'm so proud to be driving it!! I've gotten so spoiled with it!! :driving:

Embryodad

Just a little heads-up;

The Camry is working very nicely! It is a great car, and I'm so proud to be driving it!! I've gotten so spoiled with it!! :driving:
You have to really love that car, and to do that...."You Have To Sleep In It Once!"

That note is from years and years ago, when I was a little boy, and I would get a new toy that I loved so much, and I would ask my Mom."Hey Mom, Is it ok if I sleep with my cap pistol or toy truck etc. ?" She would say,"OK But NO Playing with it!"

Shermie

Site Supporter
Man, I bet you be looking good styling around in the new ride. I am happy for you. What color is the car? CF

Navy blue. Like in the pic at top of this page. Yes, I'm styling & profiling in it as I'm driving it! Can't wait for more of my family to see it!!

Embryodad, I DID sleep in it early one morning before dawn. Of course, it was parked though. :bounce:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Just another heads-up;

The Camry LE is STILL going strong as ever!

I am going to have it detailed, washed up & waxed come spring. We are having our big family dinner again in April, so I WILL be styling & profiling, and my siblings will be in awe!!

I want them to see it!! :driving:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Some bad news!!

My beautiful new car was involved in an accident last Saturday morning!!!!!

Some woman hit me so hard that her vehicle spun mine around and made the right front wheel jump the curb!! She was at fault. I had the right of way. The police officer that came out to the scene had cited her for failing to yield after the stop sign.

And the vehicle that she was driving is her sister's car! Her sister will get wacked the most - with a higher policy next year, while she just earned herself a glitch on her driving record.

Damages come to close to $6,000! All I had to pay is the $150.00 deposit for the rental car, which I will be reimbursed for when the car is returned to Hertz. :ohmy:

Embryodad

Some bad news!!

My beautiful new car was involved in an accident last Saturday morning!!!!!

Some woman hit me so hard that her vehicle spun mine around and made the right front wheel jump the curb!! She was at fault. I had the right of way. The police officer that came out to the scene had cited her for failing to yield after the stop sign.

And the vehicle that she was driving is her sister's car! Her sister will get wacked the most - with a higher policy next year, while she just earned herself a glitch on her driving record.

Damages come to close to $6,000! All I had to pay is the $150.00 deposit for the rental car, which I will be reimbursed for when the car is returned to Hertz. :ohmy:
So sad to hear that Shermie. Darn it! As long as no one was hurt.
Thank goodness you get a loaner vehicle.
6,000 seems like a lot of damage, but today, parts are not cheap.
Neither is the labor.

The pain in the butt, is the waiting for the repairs to be done.
Just be sure, your ins. co. knows it is / was not of your fault!

I was driving a company car in "86" ...and a lady spun out trying to miss hitting a dog, and she hit two other cars, and into my side. All her fault.
The car I was driving was on the company I worked for insurance.

Low and behold.... I get my renewal for my own car insurance ( family car ), and they raised the insurance 300.00 with a notation Because of the accident from the lady hitting ME.... I was furious. I called them, and they said, Ooops! sorry, we made a mistake. I even had to mail them the police accident report.

The lady was nice, but she said ( and the police wrote her statement ) "I didn't see the dog, but then when I did, instead of slamming the brakes, I tried to go around it, and didn't realize I crossed the line over into the other lane and hit a car, and bounced off into the green car!" ( my company car ).

So be careful they do not raise your insurance premium.

Shermie

Site Supporter
So sad to hear that Shermie. Darn it! As long as no one was hurt.
Thank goodness you get a loaner vehicle.
6,000 seems like a lot of damage, but today, parts are not cheap.
Neither is the labor.

The pain in the butt, is the waiting for the repairs to be done.
Just be sure, your ins. co. knows it is / was not of your fault!

I was driving a company car in "86" ...and a lady spun out trying to miss hitting a dog, and she hit two other cars, and into my side. All her fault.
The car I was driving was on the company I worked for insurance.

Low and behold.... I get my renewal for my own car insurance ( family car ), and they raised the insurance 300.00 with a notation Because of the accident from the lady hitting ME.... I was furious. I called them, and they said, Ooops! sorry, we made a mistake. I even had to mail them the police accident report.

The lady was nice, but she said ( and the police wrote her statement ) "I didn't see the dog, but then when I did, instead of slamming the brakes, I tried to go around it, and didn't realize I crossed the line over into the other lane and hit a car, and bounced off into the green car!" ( my company car ).

So be careful they do not raise your insurance premium.

Here are some pics of the damage. :ohmy:

Attachments

• IMG_20160130_101937882.jpg
    IMG_20160130_101937882.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20160130_102002918.jpg
    IMG_20160130_102002918.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20160130_102030372.jpg
    IMG_20160130_102030372.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20160130_102041651.jpg
    IMG_20160130_102041651.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 84

Shermie

Site Supporter
A rep from the insurance co. called me on Monday afternoon while I was enroute home giving my brother a ride home from his job.

He said that I will not be charged anything. The deductible was charged to me though, at first, but then it was removed, since the cause of the accident was not my fault.