graveyard shift . . .

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
DW often dozes off in front of the TV and gets a late start to the 'going to bed' routine . . . she always makes her rounds checking doors and windows . .

so - you knew this was coming, right? - last night about oh'dark onehundred I'm shaken awake: "there's water all over the basement." and people wonder why I'm grumpy . . .

one o'clock in my skivvies and shoes in the basement prodding around to figure out what the heck . . . turns out the condensate drain from the central A/C decided it had enough algae to make a stand....ing tray of water.

poked it enough to drain, that immediately clogged the pump, pump run, no pump, more water run on floor. couple months back I was at the plumbing supply house...saw a condensate pump on the shelf and thought it'd be good to have a spare. we built this house - but it's 18 yrs now and these things never live forever and always die on a Sunday, or a holiday .... holidays preferred . . .

then after rodding out the pvc piping, I did some more water sports to swap out the pump. oh-three-thirty I finished up the swab work and got back to bed.

did I mention the grumpy bit?

today I redid all the PVC, hard mounted the pump eliminating the 2x4, fished through / replaced the discharge tubing, replaced some foam insulation on the A/C lines that a puddy-tat tore up enroute to sharper claws . . .

then I fixed dinner. _big_ tomato stuff with chicken salad, peas fresh out of the garden, toasted English muffins. not so grouchy now.