luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Re: The Official Roving Apron Pic thread

thanks!

Last edited:

Galvatron

Re: The Official Roving Apron Pic thread

Great Pictures Guy's and girls.....just wait until it gets to me i will give you a Picture never to forget:yum::yum::yum::whistling:

chowhound

Andy

Originally Posted by Adillo303
Just a thought I notice the apron is going to England twice. Woud it make sense to alter the order a bit and do the two England ones together?

Andy

hey people this is a good idea!!

You're killin' me, Andy (and peeps).
I tried to explain the reasoning in this approach to mailing, but Doc said it would be easier to go by numerical order like Vera originally posted, rather than take a meandering geographic approach.
I'm sure we can all safely assume that whatever our number is, there will be one less signature than our number when we receive the apron. Uh-huh, that's what we can ASSume I'll bet (lol).

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Andy

Originally Posted by Adillo303
Just a thought I notice the apron is going to England twice. Woud it make sense to alter the order a bit and do the two England ones together?

Andy

hey people this is a good idea!!

You're killin' me, Andy (and peeps).
I tried to explain the reasoning in this approach to mailing, but Doc said it would be easier to go by numerical order like Vera originally posted, rather than take a meandering geographic approach.
I'm sure we can all safely assume that whatever our number is, there will be one less signature than our number when we receive the apron. Uh-huh, that's what we can ASSume I'll bet (lol).
i guess your comment was before my time pups!! i only saw andy's reply.

chowhound

It might have been Peeps.
I'm thinking the idea behind the whole thing is to put as many miles on the apron as possible, which I hate to say, kinda makes a little sense, even though some of the members are within walking distance and it will have to cross the ocean more times, some folks want this thing to travel!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
it was gonna be $41 to travel fed-ex!!!!!!! i went to the post office & it was only $9 for overseas!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
It might have been Peeps.
I'm thinking the idea behind the whole thing is to put as many miles on the apron as possible, which I hate to say, kinda makes a little sense, even though some of the members are within walking distance and it will have to cross the ocean more times, some folks want this thing to travel!
is this the culinaryhood of the traveling apron?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
is this the culinaryhood of the traveling apron?

No.

It's simply the Roving Apron. It was fairly well explained and completely agreed upon (after some rough housing) some time ago. All those posts are available for reading at the beginning of the threads. It would be counter productive to start making changes or suggesting changes because someone didn't bother to gather all the information before making the suggestions.

Luvs, if you had used Federal Express you would have forced me to come to your home ( I have the address, remember...:wink:) and give you a special Head Mistress education in economics. That would be so contrary to what the Roving Apron is about. Don't spend overmuch money getting it there, use carrier pigeon if you have to...think cheap. Save the extra money for a bottle of wine to go with the next steak you make. xoxo

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
No.

It's simply the Roving Apron. It was fairly well explained and completely agreed upon (after some rough housing) some time ago. All those posts are available for reading at the beginning of the threads. It would be counter productive to start making changes or suggesting changes because someone didn't bother to gather all the information before making the suggestions.

Luvs, if you had used Federal Express you would have forced me to come to your home ( I have the address, remember...:wink:) and give you a special Head Mistress education in economics. That would be so contrary to what the Roving Apron is about. Don't spend overmuch money getting it there, use carrier pigeon if you have to...think cheap. Save the extra money for a bottle of wine to go with the next steak you make. xoxo

My company shares an "industry discount" with FeEx. We give them seats, they give us shipping rates. You don't wanna know.....

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
it was gonna be $41 to travel fed-ex!!!!!!! i went to the post office & it was only $9 for overseas!
Glad to hear that luvs. If you use an envelope that helps keep the price down also. It was less than $5 for me to send it to Jeeves ...er I mean HC. So PM me your paypal address and I'll reimburse you $5 luvs.

Is anyone tracking the aproms path so you can guesstimate the miles it travels?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Your making me hungry, Buzz. I need a seafood fix.
Preferably not after crashing in a Fedex plane :^D

Hahaaaahahaha. Airline accidents are a myth, crashes are a reality. If you pull in front of someone in your car and get hit, it's not an accident, it's a crash. Accidents come from the wherever dream world. Crashes are man made, aways have been, always will be.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I had heard once of a website that tracked miles for people who did stationery bikes..there must be a website that could do this. Or, we could list the first 4 cities..

chowhound

Well, mapquest will give you the distance within the US. Maybe the PO knows the mileage for city to city when one city is outside the US.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1. Doc's house to High Cheese

(city)..................... to (city).........................

2. High Cheese to VeraBlue
(city).........................to Little Ferry, NJ

3. VeraBlue to luvs
Little Ferry NJ to Pittsburgh PA 374 miles

4. luvs to miniman
Pittsburgh to (city)..............plus atlantic ocean

I don't know the city names for above..but if everyone would fill in their own blanks we can track this easily enough. Isn't the atlantic ocean 3000 miles? (grade school was soooo long ago)

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
If folks will be kind enough to give me city, state and country (If Different from USA), I will gladly doo the legwork and post the results. This can be done in advance of the apron traveling. Just take Vera's original list, fill in your city and state and PM it to me. I'll do the rest.

Andy

I think this is the list we are working with.
1. Doc
2. High Cheese
3. VeraBlue
4. Luvs
5. Miniman
6. Chowhound
7. HomeCook
8. Adillo303
9. Love2Q
10 Keltin
11. Maverick
12 RobsanX