The Next Food Network Star '09 Season 5.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’d like to have seen Debbie go before Jamika. But realistically, Debbie does work better in front of the camera.....I just don’t care for her.

In the end, my money is on Jeffrey. Although, Melissa wouldn’t be bad either.

Shermie

Site Supporter
This time around, I really don't care much who wins because this year, it seems that those three judges, Bob, Bobby and Susan have gotten even cockier than they did last year!

Why won't they find three new people to do the judging for a change?

Shermie

Site Supporter
They are already doing a search for new contestants for next year's Season 6.

lilylove

I really like both Jeff and Melissa. Melissa is so jumpy though, I'm afraid that she'd start getting on my nerves after awhile.... But I love her ideas and hints.

Maybe...she could do guest shots on Jeff's show once in awhile :)

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
WOOOHOOOOO!! Debbie's gone!!! Yessssss!!!!! Either Jeffery or Melissa could win and I don't care which, they are both great!! *does happy dance*

Shermie

Site Supporter
My, my, my!!! Debbie has been chopped?! I don't bielive it!!!

Think I'll watch it just to see her get chopped!!! Haha!! :thumb:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I missed that one! Fell asleep on it and have to wait until friggen Thursday to see it again.

Shermie

Site Supporter
It's a good 'un!!

It'll be on again today, as the Food Network is presently running a marathon of all of this season's shows - from the 1st episode all the way to the last one, the garand finale.

You will find out who ultimately wins at the end of tonight's episode which airs at 9pm. :chef:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
It airs at 7pm here on the West coast, I won't post anything about it til tomorrow as not to spoil it for you :)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's okay Rickismom...9pm eastern time is 5 pm pacific time so maybe it will work out better if the folks on the east coast don't post anything until after 11pm Eastern Time.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, you guys on the West Coast are about 3 hours behind us here on the East Coast.

You can also go to the FN's website, but again, you might not know who won for a while. That is if you haven't seen it yet or if you missed it.

Who do you think might win between Jeff & Melissa??

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I wouldn't miss this show for anything. Jeffrey has the culinary background and I like him, but I still think Melissa has the niche/audience appeal to pull more viewers. It's all about viewers/money, and FN is looking for the person who can bring in the biggest bucks. I think Melissa will win. We'll see :smile:.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
"Melissa d'Arabian, the mother of four from Texas and the absolute underdog heading into Season 5 of "The Next Food Network Star," won the competition tonight, beating Los Angeles' Jeffrey Saad, the front-runner in this race literally from Day 1. Melissa now stars in her own cooking show, and it starts in just one week."

Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sho...-food-network-star-a-comefrombehind-win-.html

I can't wait to see her show. I did get the idea last night that Susie wanted Jeffrey to win.

smoke king

Banned
I missed Sunday nights finale, (Great Wolf Lodge doesn't get FN) but I was able to keep myself in the dark until last nights replay.

Melissa Wins! :thumb: !! We (DW and myself) have been pulling for her from the start, although I think she may have been "sandbagging" a bit-She obviously knew a lot more than she originally let on! (good for her!)

Cooksie, my wife and I got the same impression about Susie wanting Jeffrey to win!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
They changed Melissa's show from Kitchen Survival to Ten Dollar Dinners (for four people). It looks like it is going to be on right before Sandra Lee's Money Saving Meals. I bet Aunt Sandy is not happy about that.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sounds like it'll be another snow that suggests recipes for inexpensive meals.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
What happened to that guy from last year? He hasnt really done anything for the network from what I can see.

Melissa is good. I liked Jeff but Im not upset. Thing is my father LOATHES Melissa. he says he cant look at her face. eyes buggin out, crappy smile and overall creepy looking. I dont mind her myself. Better than Raytard. :wink:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Are you talking about Aaron or Adam?

Aaron has done quite a bit since getting his own show, even making guest appearances on other FN shows!

Adam hasn't done much though. Not sure if his show is even still around now.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Well I saw it yesterday as a matter of fact! I cant say that it really was something unique. Or even had a theme. It was just something he thought was "good" and he made it. *shrug*

Darn it! I missed Melissas first show! :sad:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Well I saw it yesterday as a matter of fact! I cant say that it really was something unique. Or even had a theme. It was just something he thought was "good" and he made it. *shrug*

Darn it! I missed Melissas first show! :sad:

When WAS her 1st show? I missed it also!

I think Adam's show is still on. Aaron's is presently in it's 4th season now. :applause: