Worst Cooks in America (Oh No, Not Another Damn Challenge Show!!)

Shermie

Site Supporter
There's another challenge that is scheduled to debut on the Food Network on January 3 at 10pm as part of Super Night.

Called The Worse Cooks in America, where contetants meet to challenge each other in a cook-off contest. it will air after Iron Chef America: Super Battle.

When will this ridiculous farce ever come to an end?!

This is why I don't watch that channel at night, except for a few chosen shows like Throwdown, Chopped and sometimes ICA. :yuk: :puke1:

Biskit

Re: Oh No, Not Another Damn Challenge Show!!

DW watches the cake challenges and, sometimes the cooking ones. Sheesh! :bonk:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

I like the challenges. It's interesting to see what pressure brings out.

Maybe you need new batteries in your remote? That Channel Up or Down button does wonders!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Called The Worse Cooks in America, where contetants meet to challenge each other in a cook-off contest. it will air after Iron Chef America: Super Battle.

Yippee kiyyiii yodel. Where do I sign up?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Don't bother, Buzz. I'm a shoo-in for this one!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

I'll check it out - interesting concept.

I'll see if I can stand Anne's Kermit voice, wild arm gestures and overused phrases.

Lee

Deelady

watching this now....not impressed :( Its like them taking all the BAD singers from American Idol auditions and teaching them to sing...but with cooking. The BAD dishes they had seemed SOOO fake and set up.

I would love to see them bring something like "Ready , Set, Cook!" back.....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

Dang, whoever that blonde with the glasses on that show is, she looks just like Lee to me lol :ohmy::ohmy:

Ok, well just a bit.. Susie from the Blue Team.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Dang, whoever that blonde with the glasses on that show is, she looks just like Lee to me lol :ohmy::ohmy:

Ok, well just a bit.. Susie from the Blue Team.

I missed the show, but when I see it, I know who I'm rooting for! :clap:

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

I missed the show, but when I see it, I know who I'm rooting for! :clap:

Lee
LOL!
When I first saw her, I said OMG that's Lee!
You're far prettier, and most likely more talented in the kitch! :lol:
:flowers:

fn_wc-bio6_s4x3_tz.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Whoa! We could be TWINS!! LOL!

Attachments

• 1 Amtrack cafe.JPG
    1 Amtrack cafe.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 203

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

HOLY CARP!!!! I've heard the twin theory before, but this is kinda scary!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shermie

Site Supporter

watching this now....not impressed :( Its like them taking all the BAD singers from American Idol auditions and teaching them to sing...but with cooking. The BAD dishes they had seemed SOOO fake and set up.

I would love to see them bring something like "Ready , Set, Cook!" back.....

That was like the half-hour version of Chopped, where the contestants were given 30 minutes to try to whip up and complete a meal, using what was on hand while only using about $10 worth of stuff.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

I was not impressed in the least. Methinks the writers have hit a wall, and are coming up with junk that insults our intelligence. Why does everything have to have drama involved? Why must the contestants all have some curse they drag onto the show, i.e. "I so want to be able to cook a decent meal for my daughter. sniff, sniff" Give me a break! If you are that inept, you should have yourself committed to an institution where they can keep an eye on you around the clock. NOBODY is quite as stupid as these shows portray, and I'm not including those with true mental disabilities in this category.

In my opinion we need more shows like Alton Brown does, where they provide education in basic, intermediate and advanced culinary history, skills and science. I always thought the food networks were about education, but for the most part they are nothing more than a "me too" reality TV network. If you want to learn something, you have watch Alton in the late night time slots or go take a class at a local community college or municipal recreation department. What Food TV provides for programming is a pitiful joke, and just adds to the dumbing down of America, IMO.

Deelady

That was like the half-hour version of Chopped, where the contestants were given 30 minutes to try to whip up and complete a meal, using what was on hand while only using about $10 worth of stuff.

It is similar to Chopped but I liked it because it was more fun, and as Joe V said they are putting way too many dramatics on these days.

And definately a strong resemblance Lee!!! But I definately think you are prettier!! ;)

High Cheese

Saucier

Hey Lee, make sure you're around when this show airs to translate some of the stuff Beau says. :lol:

K

Kimchee

Saw the second episode last night....

I understand the premise isn't really to teach these poor souls how to cook, just to
get 2 of them good enough to attempt the final cook-off...

But you'd think they would devote a little time to basic skills and confidence building...

Yeah I'll watch more of this train wreck, I'm not proud.

(But I still don't understand how someone can screw up with a recipe....)

joec

Gold Site Supporter

Saw the second episode last night....

I understand the premise isn't really to teach these poor souls how to cook, just to
get 2 of them good enough to attempt the final cook-off...

But you'd think they would devote a little time to basic skills and confidence building...

Yeah I'll watch more of this train wreck, I'm not proud.

(But I still don't understand how someone can screw up with a recipe....)

If you meet two of my ex daugter in laws you might begin to understand Kim. :yum:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hey Lee, make sure you're around when this show airs to translate some of the stuff Beau says. :lol:

Yeah, no kidding. He has a horrible Boston accent. Very embarrassing.

Lots of us DON'T talk like that, thank heavens!

Lee

P.S. Thank you, Dee! :heart:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

I was not impressed in the least. Methinks the writers have hit a wall, and are coming up with junk that insults our intelligence. Why does everything have to have drama involved? Why must the contestants all have some curse they drag onto the show, i.e. "I so want to be able to cook a decent meal for my daughter. sniff, sniff" Give me a break! If you are that inept, you should have yourself committed to an institution where they can keep an eye on you around the clock. NOBODY is quite as stupid as these shows portray, and I'm not including those with true mental disabilities in this category.

In my opinion we need more shows like Alton Brown does, where they provide education in basic, intermediate and advanced culinary history, skills and science. I always thought the food networks were about education, but for the most part they are nothing more than a "me too" reality TV network. If you want to learn something, you have watch Alton in the late night time slots or go take a class at a local community college or municipal recreation department. What Food TV provides for programming is a pitiful joke, and just adds to the dumbing down of America, IMO.

Hey, Joe !
Did you hear about the new one coming down the pike ?? A well-known Chef hires 15 ex-convicts with no experience to staff a new Gourmet Restaurant ...........Lordy !

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/.../marc-thuet-s-new-restaurant-is-criminal.aspx