The Green Box

smoke king

Banned
Pretty neat! Might be a case of "too little too late" as far as saving the enviroment ( I know, I know every little bit helps), but a good idea nonetheless!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
thats a pretty good idea... wish all the 50 restaurants that served pizza around here would use those boxes...lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
This is 1000 times better than any old pizza box....

P1010710.jpg

Stay home and make your own. Save the box and the gas. Now THAT'S green.

Renfro Jones

That is a great idea merely for the convenance factor, however it does nothing to help the enviroment . Still the same amount of cardboard. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a clean living space, but the brain washing is starting to get a little thick..

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
If you get a pizza in a regular box, then you just throw the cardboard away. But also, you have to use plates to hold your pizza. If you use paper or Styrofoam plates, you increase the amount of waste produced by eating the pizza. If you use regular plates, then you must wash them which increases waste water that must be processed. If you don’t want to fit the large box in your fridge for the leftovers, then you might use aluminum foil to wrap it in which increases waste, or you might use Tupperware to store it which must then be washed later thus increasing waste water. Not to mention you would probably use hot water for washing the dishes which increases energy consumption via your hot water heater, and if you use a dishwasher, then that further increases energy consumption.

So, when you really think about it, it could make an impact of sorts in both reduced waste and energy consumption.

Renfro Jones

I'm not being a smart ass Keltin but a funny thought just shot through my head. If these guys got a patent on this box they're going to wind up making a boat load of money and probably go out an buy all the usual toys, boats, planes , jet skis etc etc. thus using all the energy saved. I wonder how many pizza boxes are used daily, worldwide. I think its a good idea for around the office, its a pain in the as trying to use a napkin.

Just reviewed video, they did get a patent. this one would be a good one to follow.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm not being a smart ass Keltin but a funny thought just shot through my head. If these guys got a patent on this box they're going to wind up making a boat load of money and probably go out an buy all the usual toys, boats, planes , jet skis etc etc. thus using all the energy saved.

Reminds me of something my Dad used to say....."Do as I say and not as I do"! :lol: