Asian Chicken Noodle Soup (one pot!)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Easy and absolutely wonderful!

I omitted the star anise (because yuck!) and I used a whole bag of mini wontons (pork and leek). Made for a dense, delicious soup!

Served with a couple of scallion pancakes.

Lee

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup - Food Network
https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/asian-chicken-noodle-soup-1-5562228

2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil or chili sesame oil
2 carrots, roughly chopped
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
3 scallions, sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 pound thin chicken cutlets
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4 pods star anise (I omitted)
4 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
16 frozen mini wontons or 12 frozen vegetable dumplings
4 cups baby spinach

Directions: Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery and ginger; stir in the scallions, reserving 2 tablespoons scallion greens.

Season the vegetables with a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the ginger softens, about 2 minutes.

Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pot along with the chicken broth and star anise. Cover and bring to a simmer over high heat, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the chicken is just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.

Remove the chicken with tongs and transfer to a cutting board; let cool slightly, then shred. Meanwhile, increase the heat under the pot to high. Stir in the spaghetti and 3 cups water; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 minutes.

Stir in the wontons and simmer until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and shredded chicken and heat through; season with salt and pepper.

Divide the soup among bowls, discarding the star anise pods. Top with the reserved scallion greens and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil.

Lee’s note: serve with Sambal or sriracha at the table for an extra kick

Attachments

• soup.JPG
    soup.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 938
  • scaliion pancakes.JPG
    scaliion pancakes.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 954