Texas Roadhouse...4/16/09

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lord! I'm stuffed !
Place wasn't nearly as crowded when we arrived (5:15) as when we dpearted. Service was prompt and pleasant, except we had to wait (and wait) for the check...............

din041609001.jpg

We started with a "Baby Bloomer" - We pretty much destroyed that before I remembered that I'd brought my camera..........

I opted for the Pulled pork and bacon / chees fries, with a side-skewer of shrimp......
Pork was okay, maybe a little too sweet / not enough tang........I should'a held off on the bacon-cheese thingy; fries got really soggy.
shrimp was left on the heat a smidge too long.........

din041609002.jpg

The warden went for the Smothered (really SMOTHERED) 10 oz. Sirloin (that's my gal...red meat every day of the week if I'd cook it)
in a nice mushroom sauce. Her green beans were garlic-y AND bacon-y
(and a little salty) but pretty much enjoyable.

Warden's frozen Banana / strawberry margarita was a brain-freeze, and huge (better be for seven bucks) and my sweet tea was just that.

Only really negative thing was the salad dressing. I asked if their dressing came out of a bottle and was assured that it was made from scratch, so I went for Bleu Cheese...............very lame, if it was scratch, and merely adequate if it was bottled............no cheese visible..........
off to my couch to digest !

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That would be enough food to feed me a couple of days. Some spread though.

smoke king

Banned
I went there for the first time last week LT, and I agree, I thought the food, as well as the service (especially for how busy it was) was very very good. Our tab was 42$ before the tip, which I thought was reasonable too.

We'll be going back!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great review and photos, LT - thanks!

The food LOOKs fantastic!

Lee

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
If you went to a REAL Texas roadhouse, I will guarantee, the only thing you would complain about is not enough room for more, lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We USED TO have a Texas Roadhouse, until the sucker burned to the ground one night about 4 months ago. The rubble is still there, which means they are probably fighting with the insurance company. Nice looking meal, all things considered.