Mid-Night Healthy Snack

Attachments

• 3midni.jpg
    3midni.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 141

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Deli Roast Pork, Open - Faced, with Mashed & Gravy, Southwestern Corn, Fried Apples ... Cucumbers in a Vinaigrette...

Deli Roast Pork, Open-Faced.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thank you Cooksie.

Marinade in milk with lemon juice added (sour milk). Next time I may use buttermilk which is almost the same. Then a dredge in flour, cornmeal and seasoning. Shallow fried in peanut oil. The first run of hush puppies (I added some chopped chives to the batter) was good but they didn't come out round. They looked like potato pancakes. LOL Family liked them.

Thanks, will try that method

Having chicken tacos tonight - have the chicken seasoned with Fiesta chicken rub and cumin in the fridge now

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
You’re welcome Cooksie.

We had beef tacos last night.

Tonight is not set in stone yet.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
tonight is homemade from scratch chili[[con-carne]] for the purists - we do meat....
tripped over a USDA prime "ribeye" steak - 1.05# - trimmed out the fat. oh dear....
trimmed fat = 160g=5.6 ounces
netted 310g=0.683#=10.93 ounces lean, browned that down....

the fat . . .

Attachments

• IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 137

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Antipasti meal tonight. Thin sliced porchetta from the freezer on flatbread with garlic, basil, fennel pollen aioli. Stuffed baby eggplant. Multicolored carrots and red leek agrodolche. Market tomato, boccatini, basil salad with balsamic, garlic oil dressing

Attachments

• 2019-01-16 18.43.21.jpg
    2019-01-16 18.43.21.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 119

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Lamb Chops-Mint Jelly, Horse radish. Pinto Beans w/ pork neck bones.
The Pork Neck Bones a very meaty, and not fatty like Ham Hocks.

Attachments

• 3wedin.jpg
    3wedin.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 119

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Antipasti meal tonight. Thin sliced porchetta from the freezer on flatbread with garlic, basil, fennel pollen aioli. Stuffed baby eggplant. Multicolored carrots and red leek agrodolche. Market tomato, boccatini, basil salad with balsamic, garlic oil dressing
Looks good. What did you stuff the eggplant with?

BTW any luck working up a recipe for the creamy mushroom sauce?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night's dinner -
Small pasta shells in a hot dog, tomato and onion sauce.

hot_dogs_tomato_onion_011619_IMG_5298.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yowza!
This smoked sausage was spicy.
I mean clear your sinuses spicy.
No wonder, it's made with chipotle, ancho chili, black and red peppers.
Very good though.

20190117_172751-768x768.jpg

Embryodad

Supper today, was for me, 2 Gorton Fish cakes that Tina blasted in the toaster oven, and was nice and crispy on one side, but wet and sticky on the other side.
She didn't read the directions which said, "turn over and finish heating, till crisp and lightly browned!"
I had peas for a veggie.

The fish was half good. The crisp side was good, but the un-cooked wet batter side sucked.

She just yelled into the kitchen,"I could go for a grilled cheese!" I said ok, 10-4.....I'll make one for us soon!"
Hers, I will toast on one side, and leave the other side bready. "PAYBACK"

Johnny West

Last night it was leftover pot roast with added instant mashed potatoes. We had Matt's cocktail sauce as a condiment for the pot roast and it was an excellent accompaniment.

Attachments

• #####Pot Roast.jpg
    #####Pot Roast.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 131

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Penne alla vodka. Sauce was in freezer sans vodka, so it was an easy meal tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
London broil done on the cast iron stove top grill pan, steamed Brussels sprouts, fresh string bean salad, Pappardelle noodles (with sautéed sliced mushrooms, butter, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and half & half added).

steak_string_beans_sprouts_011819_IMG_5304.JPG