Grant, Fl. Seafood Festival

Calicolady

Grant Seafood Festival

February 28th & March 1st, 2009

9am - 7pm Saturday & 9am - 5pm Sunday

tshirt-2008.jpg

Free admission, free parking, over 100 crafters exhibiting, live continuous entertainment, along with a scrumptious menu of succulent seafood makes this a weekend no one wants to miss.
What sets this seafood festival apart from others is that it runs through a 100% volunteer effort! All preparation , whether it be on the grounds or with the purchasing, cooking or serving of the various menu items is accomplished by volunteers of the community. We do not have any food vendors on site. All booths are run with volunteers: many booths are made up of family members, often times having several generations working along side one another. It is this complete volunteer effort that makes our festival unique. The total commitment of our community and all our volunteers makes the Grant Seafood Festival a time honored tradition unlike any other. We are proud of our community and our festival is a testament to that fact
All proceeds from the Grant Seafood Festival are put back into the community of Grant. Our projects include a Scholarship Fund, the Grant Library, and the Grant Historical House. So come and enjoy some of the best seafood in Florida and help out the community of Grant at the same time! Please note our festival policy:
NO OVER NIGHT PARKING, NO COOLERS, and NO PETS

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
No commercial vendors. Wow. That's something we'll never see in my area of FL. Everything is commercial here. Your festival sounds like fun. Are you working it? If so, what are you doing?

Edit - never mind - I see you're posting every festival in the country. :tiphat:

Calicolady

LOL! Not every one. Just the most up-coming in areas where I remember we have members and there are events.
I can't find a listing for Canada though.
I'd like to go to ALL of them, especially the rodeo one in Texas!

I was waiting for this catagory. I don't have many recipes to post, as I cook mostly like Vera - a little of this, a little of that. But I can do some homework and post here.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We recently had a seafood festival at nearby Everglades City. In years past it was quite the event but things have changed. For one, too much traffic. The crowds have grown and there is only one way in or out of town. Secondly it is almost all commercial and the prices are too high for this type of event. Nowadays the only reason I go to EC is for launching fishing trips into the Everglades. :blush:

Calicolady

I know. I usually go and planned to take my niece this year. But that was the weekend my body let me down with broncial phuenomonia. And yes, traffic's crazy, the food got less for more $$, but sometimes the music is good. And I like being amongst people who are in a festive mood. I also missed the one in Goodland. That's always good.
There's usually a Grouper Fest too, but I forget when.
But Marco has one in about a month. (see today's posts for that date)