Sunday, 2/13/2011, Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I plan to make a "potted" london broil if all goes well.

Any plans?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I hope my london broil thaws. I may just put the vac bag in a bowl of cool water to thaw it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
baked chix, veggies, saltines w/ creme cheese & mrs. dash, & my beloved whole milk.

buckytom

Grill Master
peeps, what's a "potted" london broil?

after this past week, i thought i'd get a day to rest, but i guess i'm both wicked and weary. dw just left to go shopping and get the topknot adjusted, and i get to stay hom to clean the upstairs carpet, take my boy to the dollar store for school project stuff and something for a girl in his class - his valentine as we were informed, lol, and then get home to make dinner, all by 6pm.

so, i decided to utilize my new crock pot and make my pork roast with apple, herb, and butter gravy.

as dinner's in the crock pot, it's time to start on the carpet.
:neutral:
oh, and i have to be in at work tonight by 8p 'cause we have the grammy's.

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
BT, how did the dinner go? Peeps - I don't know what a "potted" London Broil is either...be sure to post a picture of your dinner tonight. Meatloaf, beer butt chicken - it all sounds good good good.

I have some "jambalaya" in the crockpot. I know it probably wouldn't pass Vera's authenticity screen, but it turns out very tasty with chicken, sausage, tomato, onion, peppers, garlic, seasonings, etc. and I'll add shrimp just before I serve it with rice. I did brown everything and made a roux, so it's a good color. Made cinnamon rolls for one of my customers, made some Italian bread and baked The Cake. We have some friends coming for dinner.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sauteed some shrimp in garlic,butter and Old Bay.
Yukon gold tater..
Later I'll have some lime sherbet.

2011-02-13 16-10-59.375.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL BT and Karen. It's simmered in liquid like pot roast only I use a london broil. Season and brown in butter on both sides. Remove to tray. Add sliced onions and sliced mushroom caps and briefly saute to remove brown bits from pot. Add can of cream of mushroom soup, 3/4 soup can of burgundy wine, 1/2 soup can water and 1/2 soup can milk and mix well. Place meat back in pot and simmer till tender.

The meat is simmering, the cauliflower is cleaned and waiting in the Zip-N-Steam bag to be microwaved and the baby spinach has been chopped, pan steamed, squeezed out and waiting to be warmed with butter.

buckytom

Grill Master
our scout dinner was a big success, karen, thanks for asking. i'll post something later when i have access to a real keyboard. i'm going blind trying to use this touchpad on a tiny phone.

and lol, guts, about your neitzschean treadmill.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Your dinner sounds wonderful Karen!!

Beautiful plate Sass!!

So glad your dinner went well and can't wait to see pics Buck! How did the "wicked witch" deal with the ambrosia? LOL

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Nice job on the shrimp, Sass. Perfect dinner - shrimp and baked potato. I'm looking forward to a glimpse of your "potted" flank steak, Peeps - thanks for the explanation. We'll eat in a few hours - I've got everything cooked except the shrimp. Cake and bread are baked, jambalaya's in the crockpot.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps and Karen.
It was the last of my shrimp, didn't feel like doing anything super spectacular with it.
It was good though. :)

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We just go home - went out to the new Japanese tapenaki grill. It was disappointing. The chefs weren't very skilled, everything was overcooked, the sides were very American, and the salt level was through the roof.

Someday I'll get to move back to a real city!

Guts

sass. Very nice. I'm sorry to hear you ran out of shrimp. I just bought another 2 pound bag this week of 26-30s I love shrimp could eat it three times a week and not get burned out on it.

My dinner tonight was a onion and pepperoni pie that got a little overcooked I wasn't watching my timer and cooked it for 7 min.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 137

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nice pie Guts!
I like the burnt, crispy crust.. so I'd enjoy that ;)

I'll get some more shrimp.. soon.. lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
luv those dinner pix, guys! i'm glad i have a blueberry muffin 4 breakfast- thy're mkaking me hungry! :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW!! Guts and Lucky fantastic dinners!! Now I have pizza and meatloaf on my to do list!! YUMMY!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
“Potted” London broil (nicely seasoned on both sides London broil, place in heavy bottom pot and brown on both sides in butter, remove to tray. Add sliced onion and mushroom caps to pot and sauté till mushrooms give up liquid and loosen the brown bits from pot. Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 3/4 soup can of burgundy wine, 1/2 soup can water and 1/2 soup can milk and mix well. Place meat back in pot and simmer till tender. Remove meat and add small amount of sour cream to pot gravy and stir well just before serving), buttered cauliflower steamed in a Zip-N-Steam microwave bag, baby spinach chopped and pan steamed then squeezed out and warmed with butter, mashed potatoes and the burgundy wine, onion & mushroom pot gravy.

021311_london_broil.jpg

Guts

Lucky your meatloaf looks inviting along with the peas and potatoes and the peach tasty pie oh my, I love sweets of any kind. Great-looking supper..

Peeps what can I say beautiful job on the London broil taters and gravy you killing and me here along with spinach and steamed cauliflower. I will trade you pizza all day long for that dinner.

K

Kimchee

My first pizza from "scratch"...
the dough was a Martha Stewart Thin and Crispy Pizza Dough package..
Toppings were sauteed mushrooms & onions and some leftover grilled
Flat Iron steak, plus some black olives. Muenster, Provoline and Cheddar cheeses. Sauce was homemade.

Overall, not too bad. The crust could have been more crunchy, and I
needed more sauce, I think.
Making a round pizza is an art.

Attachments

• FirstPizza.jpg
    FirstPizza.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 84

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Ah Kimchee - it looks delicious. Don't worry about it being perfectly round...you don't want it to look like it came from Domino's, anyway.

buckytom

Grill Master
wtg, kimchee! that's a beautiful thing.

my kinda pizza: irregular crust, cooked well done. i dislike wet, sloppy pizzas.

nice job. :chef: