TGIFriday, 2/11/2011, Whats on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it will be shell steaks. Other than that I have no clue.

Any plans?

buckytom

Grill Master
i have a bone in, sirloin end pork roast that needs to be cooked. i was going to make my pork roast with apple and butter gravy with it, but i also have to make a pot of sausage and meatballs for our cub scout blue and gold dinner on saturday.

if i don't have time to do both, dw offered to make the roast, umm, well as a regular roast in the oven.

lilylove

I'm going out to lunch with the girls. I'm sure we'll over eat so Skipping dinner is in the plan. ;)

K

Kimchee

Flat iron Philly Cheesesteak wraps, panini-ized.
And a salad. (We are on a serious salad kick these days.)

Leni

Had a wonderful time last night. Lots of left overs. I bought lasagna for the rest of the family so that will be tonights dinner along with the house Caesar salad. All I need is garlic bread.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Stove-top grilled shell steak, whole grain macaroni salad, steamed Brussels sprouts and salad.

021111_shell_steak_mac_salad_brussels.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
You did a beautiful job on the steak, Peeps - sides, too. Lovely dinner. Good luck with your prep for the Blue and Gold dinner, BT. Kimchee, you cook such a lively and interesting variety of dishes - your steak sandwiches sound very good. Hope you got some rest, Sass.

We had some great Costco pork chops for dinner, especially considering that I popped them back in the freezer after they had partially thawed a few days ago. They cooked up tender and juicy. Smashed potatoes, gravy, buttery sweet potatoes and broccoli filled out the dinner. One of the best I've cooked for awhile...

Attachments

• DSCF1142.jpg
    DSCF1142.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 173

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
You did a beautiful job on the steak, Peeps - sides, too. Lovely dinner. Good luck with your prep for the Blue and Gold dinner, BT. Kimchee, you cook such a lively and interesting variety of dishes - your steak sandwiches sound very good. Hope you got some rest, Sass.

We had some great Costco pork chops for dinner, especially considering that I popped them back in the freezer after they had partially thawed a few days ago. They cooked up tender and juicy. Smashed potatoes, gravy, buttery sweet potatoes and broccoli filled out the dinner. One of the best I've cooked for awhile...
Thank you Karen.

Your dinner looks fantastic Karen. I think I am going to have to make some mashed and pork gravy!!

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks karen.

i made 57 meataballs from 5.5 lbs. of 80/20 ground chuck, 6 jumbo eggs, a few cups each if grated parm, progresso breadcrumbs, dried parsley, and a moisture adjusting zplash of milk here and there. anyone who's made meatballs knows what i mean. :respect:

oh, and 7 lbs. of hot and sweet sausage, all in a sugo di pomodoro of green peppers, sweet onions, and 3 heads of garlic.

it all ends up filling 4 half service trays.

dw is making a full tray of ambrosia salad, even though the whack job chairperson/treasurer said no more desserts.

gotta love dw for her obstinance in the face of petty b.s..

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
It sounds like you two are a great team, BT. I know that your family's hard work will be appreciated, even if the whack job chairperson doesn't (she's just jealous.) Have fun.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Stove-top grilled shell steak, whole grain macaroni salad, steamed Brussels sprouts and salad.

021111_shell_steak_mac_salad_brussels.jpg

I've finally figured it out. You don't really cook this food at home. it's done daily at a 5-star restaurant that you own, but want us to think otherwise. I show your pictures to DW and we both want to adopt you...NOW! We have started dieting in preparation for the weight gain that is sure to come when you move in with us and start cooking for us. If you need a souse chef, that can be arranged fro you as well. Nothing but the best for our Peeps.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I've finally figured it out. You don't really cook this food at home. it's done daily at a 5-star restaurant that you own, but want us to think otherwise. I show your pictures to DW and we both want to adopt you...NOW! We have started dieting in preparation for the weight gain that is sure to come when you move in with us and start cooking for us. If you need a souse chef, that can be arranged fro you as well. Nothing but the best for our Peeps.
LOL Thank you for the wonderful comments Joe. My girl helps out where ever needed. I would love trying your fantastic baked goodies and raviolis!