Monday, 1/31/2011, What's making it's way to the table?

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm humbled, sass. thanks very much.

i was a morally corrupt person for much of my life. i'm only trying to level things out, soul~wise.

and this is a no brainer.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It seems like money is always the biggest issue when it comes to both boy and girl scouts. If I were you, I would insist on seeing the books before taking over. Just explain nicely...but firmly...that you need to know where the boys stand with money and since you are going to be in charge, the success...as well as the failure (heaven forbid) of the pack/den (I'm not real familiar with boy scouts so I'm not sure what it's called) will ultimately rest squarely on your shoulders so you need to know everything there is to know before you take responsibility. Since you are going to have that conversation where you ask her if she wants you to step down, that would be the perfect time to bring it up. I'm seeing red flags popping up around her.

It's been my experience that most parents, while they say they are willing to help, feel as though they are doing YOU a favor by helping and you should appreciate it. They forget about the fact that you are a volunteer too. Good luck with it.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
WOW everyones dinner look fantastic!!

Joe how did you make the potatoes and whats in the chop stuffing?

SS that looks awesome!! Did you use lox? Beautiful pic!

Sass I LOVE Bean with bacon soup!! I have a can in my pantry.

Karen YUMMY!! I even made dessert last night!! Only a before pic but no after pic of it because it looked terrible after cut.

Kimchee I have never had Moroccan. You meal looks fantastic!! Did you post the recipe?

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It was a replay dinner Cheese Ravioli, meatballs & braciole gravy, salad and garlic bread. Cherry cobbler for dessert (I didn’t get any pictures of it cut because it kind of fell apart when cut).

013111_ravioli_meatballs_braciole.jpg

013111_cherry_cobbler.jpg

Leni

Sounds like you need something stronger.

For the sake of the boys I think that you should stay. The kids should get their badges. Can you get them from another source other than wacko? Has anything been said to the district about all of this?

Leni

DH was in the mood for chicken so we went to Vons and bought their roasted chicken and garlic mashed potatoes. Also had mixed veggies. An easy night for me. :wink:

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks luvs and mama.

i'm sorry once again to have ranted about this. i'm not so angry today. the cubmaster reached out today trying to bury the hatchet in a way, talking about old fashioned scouting stuff like he and i did (seperately) back in the 70's.

i'm glad i didn't send him the nasty-gram i'd written. :mellow:

Sounds like you need something stronger.

For the sake of the boys I think that you should stay. The kids should get their badges. Can you get them from another source other than wacko? Has anything been said to the district about all of this?

i've decided to stay so far, but dw really wants me to give up and just run a den until we sell our house and move. i'll take it day by day, as that's all anyone can ever do.
i'm going to buy the badges/beads that i need from the council store out of my own pocket, but some of these things have to be registered so the boy can be credited for them, so i'll have to learn how to do that, usurping the chairwoman. :thumb:

ok, back to yesterday's eats: i was hungry and ran out for a souvlaki deluxe from big nick's at 77th and b'way.

steak fries, a grilled beef and lamb souvlaki with a little greek salad in a pita, tsatsiki sauce, and extra mini greek salads (piasz, potato)

2011-01-29_03-51-41_799.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Boy that looks good Tom!
I sure wish food like that was available around here.

Glad to hear you've decided to stay with the scouts. ;)

Peeps.. YuMMO!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
thanks luvs and mama.

i'm sorry once again to have ranted about this. i'm not so angry today. the cubmaster reached out today trying to bury the hatchet in a way, talking about old fashioned scouting stuff like he and i did (seperately) back in the 70's.

i'm glad i didn't send him the nasty-gram i'd written. :mellow:

i've decided to stay so far, but dw really wants me to give up and just run a den until we sell our house and move. i'll take it day by day, as that's all anyone can ever do.
i'm going to buy the badges/beads that i need from the council store out of my own pocket, but some of these things have to be registered so the boy can be credited for them, so i'll have to learn how to do that, usurping the chairwoman. :thumb:

ok, back to yesterday's eats: i was hungry and ran out for a souvlaki deluxe from big nick's at 77th and b'way.

steak fries, a grilled beef and lamb souvlaki with a little greek salad in a pita, tsatsiki sauce, and extra mini greek salads (piasz, potato)

2011-01-29_03-51-41_799.jpg
OH LORD that looks good Bucky!! I am so hungry!!

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks, sass. if you have to work midnights, it's great to be in a city that has a lot of choices at 4am. :a1:

peeps, get out the sled dogs and come into the city. i'll meet you at big nick's.

they're open 24/7 and have one of the biggest menus i've ever seen from a diner type joint, and it's just a hole in the wall.

http://bignicksnyc.com/food-deliver...315.r?QueryStringValue=IEHFd28it0XWPzvuhgRAcA==

and it's all so good. in almost 25 years that i've eaten there, i've never had a bad meal.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Boy that looks good Tom!
I sure wish food like that was available around here.

Glad to hear you've decided to stay with the scouts. ;)

Peeps.. YuMMO!

Thank you Sass!!

thanks, sass. if you have to work midnights, it's great to be in a city that has a lot of choices at 4am. :a1:

peeps, get out the sled dogs and come into the city. i'll meet you at big nick's.

they're open 24/7 and have one of the biggest menus i've ever seen from a diner type joint, and it's just a hole in the wall.

http://bignicksnyc.com/food-deliver...315.r?QueryStringValue=IEHFd28it0XWPzvuhgRAcA==

and it's all so good. in almost 25 years that i've eaten there, i've never had a bad meal.

Hmmmmmmmmmm Then can we hit little italy? I could go for a dozen 1/2 shell and some fried calamari at umberto's!!

buckytom

Grill Master
oh man, i love the combo platter of calamari and scungilli fra diavolo at umberto's!!!

ferrara's for espressos and fruitti di bosco afterwards?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
oh man, i love the combo platter of calamari and scungilli fra diavolo at umberto's!!!

ferrara's for espressos and fruitti di bosco afterwards?
Hold the snails on mine. neva been to ferrara's but a canoli sounds good or tortoni, espresso and a shot of sambuca with coffee bean flambe!!

buckytom

Grill Master
i haven't had a good tortoni in a long time. mmmmmm, i could go for toasted almond and vanilla...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i haven't had a good tortoni in a long time. mmmmmm, i could go for toasted almond and vanilla...
I like to get tortoni for dessert when we go to Patsy's clam bar in fairview. The best canoli around is Hackensack Pastry shoppe on hudson in ...... hackensak DOH! LOL

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm a tartufo kinda guy for dessert. or zabaglione, or tiramisu, or the "fruitti" i mentioned.

i'm not big on cannoli or biscotti.

but hell yeah on the 'buca with beans! 3 please.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i'm a tartufo kinda guy for dessert. or zabaglione, or tiramisu, or the "fruitti" i mentioned.

i'm not big on cannoli or biscotti.

but hell yeah on the 'buca with beans! 3 please.
Hmmmmmmmmm don't care for the marsala in the zabaglione