Another CONTEST!!!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I love your family stories. When does mom and dad come back for a visit again? :heart::wub:

I'm actually going to the city to meet with my brother and his wife today. He and I haven't seen eye to eye for about 15 years and have only spoken a few times during that time. When we did speak it was often extremely negative.
We're both trying to salvage some sort of relationship with each other. I think both of us have just wearied of trying to remember who said what and who cut the deepest, etc....

Marianne and Jim, on the other hand are living it up at home where it's a comfy 75 degrees. They mentioned coming back around easter. Now that I have Maxi in the house this may pose a problem. Seems Marianne is allergic to cats. One of them is going to have to be put up somewhere. I wonder how my mother will fare in a kennel?:yum:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I'm actually going to the city to meet with my brother and his wife today. He and I haven't seen eye to eye for about 15 years and have only spoken a few times during that time. When we did speak it was often extremely negative.
We're both trying to salvage some sort of relationship with each other. I think both of us have just wearied of trying to remember who said what and who cut the deepest, etc....

Marianne and Jim, on the other hand are living it up at home where it's a comfy 75 degrees. They mentioned coming back around easter. Now that I have Maxi in the house this may pose a problem. Seems Marianne is allergic to cats. One of them is going to have to be put up somewhere. I wonder how my mother will fare in a kennel?:yum:

:ohmy::lol: Just make sure ya pick a good one that walks her often!! Otherwise you will never hear the end of it!!:yum:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Nope, not yet at least for me. Do with know yet how many Karma points it takes to get a second green bar?

lilylove

:yum::yum::yum:No but I think you can give six out a day... unless my math skill are even worse than I thought.... which is very very very possible!!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Doc posted an explanation when I asked that will make your head hurt. I asked earlier in this thread about how many points it too per bar etc and have yet to get any answer to it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
It appears Jim Slagle has won--he has two green squares. Woo hoo! Congratulations, Jim!!!!!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
It appears Jim Slagle has won--he has two green squares. Woo hoo! Congratulations, Jim!!!!!

Nope, I can''t win, I'm not a new arrival. :tiphat:

I think it takes 100 points to get the second green block.

If you go to Members List and click on Reputation that will order the member list by points. Looks like Jeekinz is in the lead but I don't know exactly how many points he has.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, at least everyone knows you were the first to get there! Congrats for that.

OK Contest still on. I have always loved to give positive rep points aka karma. Not to thrilled about the negative karma. Wouldn't giving it return to you in the end?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I keep being told that I have given out too many reputation points, sorry everyone.

:yum::yum::yum:No but I think you can give six out a day... unless my math skill are even worse than I thought.... which is very very very possible!!!

The 6 thing is to get you to spread the rep points around. If you give someone rep points, you have to give rep points to 5 other folks before you can give to the first person again. As far as I know you can give as many people in a day points as long as you follow the rotation.

The message Susan got is because she had already given that person points and hadn't given 5 other reps out.

Jim

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's my belief that karma goes out and karma comes back. If you give out good vibes (for lack of a better word) you get good back...if you give out shit, you'll get it back, 3 fold.

That, by the way, is what earned me negative karma over at DC. To a poster who had received bad news, I said 'it comes around what goes around, and you put good out there. I'm sure you'll get good news, etc etc etc.

All hell broke loose because people believed I was saying she deserved what she was getting. What a bunch of bullshit, actually. If they'd bother to read the post instead of getting all bottlenecked at the first half they would have realised I was wishing her well. Bunch of nitwits....:sad:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Yep, it seems to be a slow process.
What brillance must I display to get some rep points from you people? :thumb:I won't resort to begging but I might be willing to bribe you with my baking. :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum: