Friday's menu - April 23rd

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We're having Maple glazed salmon fillets, baked potatoes and spinach. How about you?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
How are you cookin gthe salmon, Mama? Are you ready to try it on your new grill yet, or some other way?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Omg, maple glazed salmon sounds fab!

Working today, so dinner will either be running out for something or seeing what's on the menu at work.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
DH had to work last night so he is sleeping and will probably put the grill together this evening after dinner (if the weather holds...there are supposed to be scattered thunderstorms here ALL weekend...doesn't that figure...:sad:). I'll have to use the grill pan on the stove tonight. The glaze consists of maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. I've got big plans for the grill in the near future, though. The rotisserie came Wednesday so I've got a plan for a chicken as well as some ribs, burgers, pork chops and assorted veggies. My freezer is well stocked so there is all kinds of stuff in there to "play" with. :biggrin:

lesley

As Baz has decided to take the day off work & move all the radiators in the lounge,:whistling:the house now looks like it's under a major construction!!:hide2: So, it's gonna be Carbonara...all in one pan lol

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have steaks ready for the grill. Hoping the weber q320 I ordered via amazon arrives today. The cover, drip pans and grill brush all have already arrived and they were ordered at the same time. So I have my fingers crossed. :D

Congrats Mama, you earned your third ticket in the win an NCT Apron contest. Good job and good luck. :D :thumb:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
The boys are on pizza and garlic bread, then off to youth group.
DW & I will have something - maybe stirfried.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it will be broccoli with garlic and olive oil over pasta

Ronjohn

I have absolutely no idea. We're going out, but we've been going back and forth all day with ideas on where to go and nothing really "sounds right". We're just going to end up someplace by default, I can just tell. :neutral:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I had something called Shipwreck Casserole at work with a dinner roll.
Not bad for nursing home food, and surprisingly, I got to eat it while it was still semi-warm LOL

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made another Greek salad and have leftover spanikopita.

The pics of the salad are not great, but OK.

After our discussion here, I ended up using lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt & pepper, dried red pepper flakes, and just for fun, a little fresh dill.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 90

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I made another Greek salad and have leftover spanikopita.

The pics of the salad are not great, but OK.

After our discussion here, I ended up using lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt & pepper, dried red pepper flakes, and just for fun, a little fresh dill.

Not great!!! That pic is beautiful and the salad looks absolutely delicious. :smile:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
After a couple rounds of margaritas we had arepas and chicken fajitas cooked on the grill...I made a peach salsa and guacamole too.

Pretty sure I got some pictures..cannot locate the camera at the moment. I remember putting it in the pocket of the robe I wore out of the hot tub...:wink: Gotta find the robe, though..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
After a couple rounds of margaritas we had arepas and chicken fajitas cooked on the grill...I made a peach salsa and gacamole too.

Pretty sure I got some pictures..cannot locate the camera at the moment. I remember putting it in the pocket of the robe I wore out of the hot tub...:wink: Gotta find the robe, though..
arepas ? the savory ones? (they look sort of like pitas to me) i haven't had those since i was a teen and a columbian friends mom made them. i can't find that special Pre-cooked cornmeal they use. where do you get it?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps, get that at that shop rite by the river in South Hackensack, near the eggs, across from the yogurt.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, get that at that shop rite by the river in South Hackensack, near the eggs, across from the yogurt.
do you mean the one in the taco bell/KFC strip mall on river rd in hackensack (by rt 80 and down from cubby's)? the one in so hack by valley fair is now H Mart. thank you for the info sweetie.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
do you mean the one in the taco bell/KFC strip mall on river rd in hackensack (by rt 80 and down from cubby's)? the one in so hack by valley fair is now H Mart. thank you for the info sweetie.

the one in the strip mall. That other place is an abomination and I cannot believe it still stands. It's the perfect place for a Whole Foods...and I have a feeling about the time they get to figuring that out I'll be long gone from this area.