Co-hosting a party in Wisconsin this weekend Pulled BBQ sandwiches

Jeff G.

I am co-hosting a party in Wisconsin this weekend. My brother wanted mom's pulled BBq sandwiches.

10lbs pork loin
5lbs beef roast
boil in lightly salted water until very tender.
Pull and remove the fat.
Place the meat in a large roaster.

Add
White sugar..sprinkle the meat, not too much you don't want candy.
add 20 oz. Worcestershire sauce(Lee&Perrin)(2 bottles)
Add 1 large can tomato juice(fresh squeezed if available)
1 can petitie diced tomatos
1 medium &1 large onion, diced
1 roasted red pepper(from a jar is OK) diced
1 green pepper diced
1/2 cup juice from a jar of banana peppers(you can toss some of the peppers in too)
1/2 cup vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
at least 4 cups of the juice from boiling the meat.. more if it will fit in pan. It will boil off making the mixture richer.
Many drops Louisiana hot sauce.
You can add liquid smoke to this too for a smoked meat flavor.

Taste the mixture, it should have a strong bite to it prior to baking with just a hint of heat. It should also have a slight sweet edge. If needed sprinkly on more sugar.
The liquid should be thin as it will thicken as it reduces.

Bake in a 350 oven until moist and dense.
Here is the important part.. serve with Turmeric slaw on buns.

Turmeric slaw...
Cabbage slaw mix, Miracle whip(ok, you could use Mayo), sugar, turmeric. Add enough turmeric the slaw is pretty yellow. You will definitely taste the turmeric. If needed you can add a touch of milk so it stirs together easier, but just a touch. The slaw should be thicker than cole slaw.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wish I was close by. That sounds Awesome!!!!!! ummmmmmm.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Sheboygan Marina... It's a bourbon tasting so it will be a great time.

Sheboygan? Do they still have the bratwurst festival? The last one I attended was in 1966. They told me to leave and never come back. I always follow orders. :yum:

Jeff G.

Well the bourbon tasting party went great. 11 bourbons and they ate most of the 15lbs of pulled BBQ I made.. Not a huge crowd due to an unexpected funeral, a friend of some of the guests, but the others made up for it for eating many sandwiches each.

Oh, the winner of the Bourbon Tasting was Elijah Craig 18year old bourbon.

Fantastic.. it was hands down the favorite on the table.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Terrific and it sounds like a success despite the unfortunate loss of guests due to the tragedy.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like a big success. :thumb: :clap: :clap: Makes me hungry just reading about the 15lbs of pulled pork. :D

We had a little Ta-kill-ya (tequila) tasting party Saturday. Only had one kind but it tasted pretty good. The SIL who brought it said it was Sammy Hagars brand. :D I guess Sammy knows his tequila.

Jeff G.

Sounds like a big success. :thumb: :clap: :clap: Makes me hungry just reading about the 15lbs of pulled pork. :D

We had a little Ta-kill-ya (tequila) tasting party Saturday. Only had one kind but it tasted pretty good. The SIL who brought it said it was Sammy Hagars brand. :D I guess Sammy knows his tequila.
Ah.. a little Cabo Wabo.... pretty good tequila... very dangerous as long as there are lime wedges available.