Rotisserie Pork Roast that my dad did

GrillinFool

My dad is now contributing some content to the website. I gotta say his first effort was pretty stellar.

12.JPG

How friggin good does that look?

I put his writeup of how he did that here if you want to check it out. So friggin easy a caveman could do it

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love the idea of placing the spit BETWEEN two roasts!

I'm always horrified by the idea of poking a hole in my nice hunk of meat, so this is a great tip!

Lee

GrillinFool

My dad has this down to a science. It's funny, when I first started grilling a lot I had one of those really crappy sort of shallow square grills in college and then an 18 inch weber later on. Not conducive to slow cooking or indirecting at all. But I perfected the art of grilling a steak on it. Once I traded my 18 inch 3 year old weber for a 22 inch 20 year old weber I got into indirecting and such. But dad was still the master. We used to joke that I was Iron Chef Beef and he was Iron Chef Pork.

I would say we are pretty close on both now. I taught him the steak deal and once I got a grill big enough to do do some slow and low I have caught up with him on many fronts. But this thing is always done to perfection. I have yet to do one of these on my rotisserie. Done whole pork loins. Not netted pork roasts. Done them indirect, just not rotisserized.

I forgot how good that was till I saw that shot of him slicing it. How friggin good does that look?

And not bad for a guy with a really crappy camera (my old one that I replaced with a not so crappy camera when I found out my wife was pregnant), considerint the guy has never used a digital cam in his life and he wears bifocals. The screen on that thing is tiny.

Oh, and tomorrow we are doing Ribs, beans and a chunk of balogna at his house for my birthday. Having a no limit poker tourney after. Supposed to be a high of 20 and snowing!?!?! Does it get any better than that!?!?! Not only do I love snow, but I love grilling in it even more. The wife say to me this morning, "looks like you will get some snow on your birthday tomorow." I said, "yeah, I put in a request with the big guy for a White Birthday."

Calicolady

Well then, we'll expect pics of everything, including cake, so we can help blow them out & sing. After some of that moonshine we should be in rare form! LOL!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
very tasty looking.. good job dad... looks very juicy

will be getting a new smoker this weekend and you just gave me inspiration to take the loin out of the freezer