It's Applesauce Time

Blues Man

My wife and I got some really nice Macintosh apples. It's homemade applesauce time.

Cut up and getting them cooked down.......

100_0787.jpg

All cooked down..........

100_0790.jpg

Processed through the Victoria Strainer ...........

100_0798.jpg

The finished sauce........

100_0801.jpg

So sweet it hardly even needed any additional suger. I love that fresh taste.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've never eaten homemade applesauce, but I bet it beats the other by far. Yours sure looks good. Cool strainer too! What else do you use the strainer for?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Going apple picking on Sunday, knowing at least 50 apples make it to the saucing pot.

I don't have that grinder you have, though. I peel and seed the apples, then chop into large chunks before cooking. I add a bit of lemon juice to keep the colour bright, a touch of brown sugar, too.

Blues Man

Best applesauce you will ever have. It contains apples and a little bit of sugar. The strainer is really cool. Cook the apples with a little bit of water until they are soft. Run them through the strainer which removes the seeds and peels. Mix in the sugar and freeze the sauce.

The Victoria Strainer works great for tomato sauce also.

I've never eaten homemade applesauce, but I bet it beats the other by far. Yours sure looks good. Cool strainer too! What else do you use the strainer for?

buckytom

Grill Master
have fun, vb. tell your parents we said hi.

my mil used to make applesauce from our giant tree in the backyard. she'd bake them, let them cool, then remove the peels and cores/seeds by hand. it was a pita, but jarred apple sauce paled in comparison. she woulda loved that strainer, blues.