What's cooking Sunday 11/20/16 to Saturday 11/26/16?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The plan is to start t-day prep. Planning to make cranberry tangerine relish and roast turkey wings for stock. So dinner is unknown at the moment.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Cold, windy and occasional snow flurries. Yep...perfect day to make pressure cooker chicken noodle soup. Less than 90 minutes from frozen chicken parts to the soup tureen. Also made a dozen English Muffins.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breaded pork cutlets, Knorr's butter and herb noodles and green beans.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I did brown bag it.
Tuna salad on wheat with lettuce and a ready to nuke bowl of Campbell's Slow Kettle broccoli cheddar bisque.
Better than going out for fast food lol

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Chilly, Blustery day yesterday ........
Perfect weather for Zippy Corn Chowder !

(Something screwy with Photobucket today, can't upload........
had to use an old photo...)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Chilly, Blustery day yesterday ........
Perfect weather for Zippy Corn Chowder !

(Something screwy with Photobucket today, can't upload........
had to use an old photo...)

Nice soup, Lucky! :readytoeat:

Yes, same here with photobucket.
It's been knocking me off as soon as I try to upload a picture.
:twak:

Johnny West

Show today - Leftover chinese.

Putting this up early, as show prep starts at 4:30

What do you show? There were two gun shows this past weekend but had other things to do. I'll join the WAC in January.

Saturday night grilled rib steaks and had a baked potato, caesar salade, and cranberry sauce on the side.

The cranberries were locally grown over on the coast. Ocean Spray has a process center outsidde of Westport and lots of local growers.

Sunday was grazing and football.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Found some round steak in the freezer, so turning it into Swiss Steak and will put it on a bed of rice. Time is short today, so I'll use the pressure cooker again.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
oh deer was this one yummy.....

some meaty short ribs from the butcher - salted at room temp 2 hours
(for two)
shredded/grated on the box big hole side....
2 ribs of celery (the grating quaintly leaves the strings on the outside - free!)
2 medium carrots
1 largish yellow onion (a bit of 'waste' on the onion keeping the grated fingertips out of the mix....)
plus
1 diced green pepper
3 cloves minced garlic

seared the short ribs heavy, removed
sweated/sauted the veggie mix with salt&pepper until soft - about 10-15 mins

splosh in 1 cup of dry Marsala
+ 3 bay leaves + sprinkle of red pepper flakes + heavy sprinkle of thyme.
heat thru, add enough water to keep liquidy

simmer ten mins or so, then puree with the stick blender.

short ribs back to the covered pot and braise 2.5 hours.
remove ribs, strain sauce for pretty
served with fresh spaetzle & gravy dollops.

the Marsala really does a mega-up for the beefy flavor.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Found some round steak in the freezer, so turning it into Swiss Steak and will put it on a bed of rice. Time is short today, so I'll use the pressure cooker again.

Recipe Joe ... please.

Not sure what dinner will be. DD wants waffles.

I just made my uncooked Cranberry tangerine pecan relish.

Planning to roast turkey wings for my stock.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had take out tonight. I had KFC $5.00 fill up - crispy chicken breast, 2 mini corn on the cobs and a biscuit (I gave my DD the drink and cookie).

Everyone else had Wendy's.

I have Turkey wings roasting.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Recipe Joe ... please.

No formal recipe. I just do a seasoned flour dredge and fry the meat in some oil to brown it on all sides. Take the meat out then sauté a bunch of onions to soften, and deglaze the pan with a good splash of red wine to get all the "bits" off the bottom. I tossed the meat back in with two cups of beef broth and one cup water, and a bunch of chopped carrots, celery and a bay leaf. Stirred in about 2T of the remaining seasoned flour. Put the lid on, brought it up to pressure and set the timer for 20 minutes.

Did a quick release of the pressure in the sink and checked the meat's tenderness...fork tender and delicious! Start to finish in just at one hour. Served it on a bed of steamed Jasmine rice.

IMO, flavors intensify under pressure, so I don't season too heavily.

1# Round steak
Seasoned A/P flour (salt, fresh cracked pepper, garlic powder & onion powder)
Oil for browning meat
1/2 Medium onion chopped
1 Large carrot chopped
1 Stalk celery chopped
1 Bay leaf
2C beef broth + 1C water
Red wine for deglazing pan (optional)

1C Rice (uncooked)

We are not huge dinner eaters, so this was dinner tonight and leftovers for tomorrow. A side salad was added as well.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had take out tonight. I had KFC $5.00 fill up - crispy chicken breast, 2 mini corn on the cobs and a biscuit (I gave my DD the drink and cookie).

Everyone else had Wendy's.

I have Turkey wings roasting.

I used to enjoy KFC, but our local unit changed hands and the quality/sanitation went downhill fast. I had "intestinal distress" TWICE, and have not returned since. That's been about ten years, and I still can't bring myself to go into any of their stores anywhere in the country. I have a local Mom-n-Pop joint that makes great crispy fried chicken, so that's where I get my "fix."

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
What do you show? There were two gun shows this past weekend but had other things to do. I'll join the WAC in January.

I make custom wood products. Pens, cutting boards, bottle stoppers, womens bangles, ring caddies, wet shaving sets, etc.

I am starting exotic wood bowls. Just got kits for pizza wheels and ceramic vedgetable peekers. I am hoping to make pizza peel / wheel sets with matching woods.

My wife makes all natural skincare and beauty produces. She is expanding into all natural home laundry ond other cleaning oroducts.

We do 30 - 35 shows a year and are nearing the end of our fifth year.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I used to enjoy KFC, but our local unit changed hands and the quality/sanitation went downhill fast. I had "intestinal distress" TWICE, and have not returned since. That's been about ten years, and I still can't bring myself to go into any of their stores anywhere in the country. I have a local Mom-n-Pop joint that makes great crispy fried chicken, so that's where I get my "fix."

Last time I went to KFC I got gizzards and a Chicken Little slider type sandwich. It wasn't bad.

I do enjoy our local place that is the same building where KFC used to be.
Good chicken, same basic menu with some added items.
Here is a link.
Ignore "Drive Through Depression". She also slammed the diner I go to.. Jim's LOL

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g50269-d2619474-Reviews-Chik_N_House-Delphos_Ohio.html

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
oh deer was this one yummy.....

some meaty short ribs from the butcher - salted at room temp 2 hours
(for two)
shredded/grated on the box big hole side....
2 ribs of celery (the grating quaintly leaves the strings on the outside - free!)
2 medium carrots
1 largish yellow onion (a bit of 'waste' on the onion keeping the grated fingertips out of the mix....)
plus
1 diced green pepper
3 cloves minced garlic

seared the short ribs heavy, removed
sweated/sauted the veggie mix with salt&pepper until soft - about 10-15 mins

splosh in 1 cup of dry Marsala
+ 3 bay leaves + sprinkle of red pepper flakes + heavy sprinkle of thyme.
heat thru, add enough water to keep liquidy

simmer ten mins or so, then puree with the stick blender.

short ribs back to the covered pot and braise 2.5 hours.
remove ribs, strain sauce for pretty
served with fresh spaetzle & gravy dollops.

the Marsala really does a mega-up for the beefy flavor.

I was really wanting a photo of this one, C-Man!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing fancy..........

1/2 lb. deli-sliced London Broil, Buttery Mashed Taters,
Heinz Beef Gravy......... Warden has hers over Mildly toasted Potato Bread; I'm off bread at the moment, so I pile mine right on the Spuds...

Johnny West

I make custom wood products. Pens, cutting boards, bottle stoppers, womens bangles, ring caddies, wet shaving sets, etc.

I am starting exotic wood bowls. Just got kits for pizza wheels and ceramic vedgetable peekers. I am hoping to make pizza peel / wheel sets with matching woods.

My wife makes all natural skincare and beauty produces. She is expanding into all natural home laundry ond other cleaning oroducts.

We do 30 - 35 shows a year and are nearing the end of our fifth year.

Thanks! One of my bud's used to do that and gave my son a pepper grinder. It doesn't work now and needs new guts. I was going to get it from him to get it replaced but never think of it when we visit. I still use the walnut pen he gave me for a BD present.

Last night we went to Johnny's Dock for seafood. I had oyster shooters for an appy and Alaskan cod fish and chips for the entrée.

Attachments

• ########Johnny's.JPG
    ########Johnny's.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 185
  • ########Johnny's Oytsters.JPG
    ########Johnny's Oytsters.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 180
  • ########Johnny's F&C.JPG
    ########Johnny's F&C.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 189

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Franks & Beans with Roasted Baby Red Potatoes last night..........

Tonight ; Chinese Take-Out......... Something in a garlic sauce for me,
Probably General Tso's for the Warden...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
YUP !
Looked so good, I googled their menu, even tho' I'm over three thousand miles from Tacoma..........

Good Looking menu......... :applause:

Johnny West

We always take visitors here for seafood and it's where I learned to drizzle sherry on the top of clam chowder. The cod was very delicate and the fried coating not thick like some places do. I have one piece left and will have it for lunch today.
Their Thursday night special is crab cakes and will have to go back.

Last night was fajitas and tonight is the pot roast done in the new cooker. The mrs is doing it or I'd just use the cast iron chicken cooker.