Seattle's Best Coffee

Carolina Cooking

anyone here drink this coffee?

Its on Sale this week at Publix. At $8.lb I am not buying it, but its BOGO.

I don't care one bit for Starbucks or Dunkin. Since my 8Oclock is now among the high $$ , & not on sale , I will try something else.

Publix brand is only $5. haven't ever tried it tho. Might have to lol.

I bought a HUGE bag of beans at Costco(kirkland) :yuk::yuk: turns out it is starbucks. I gave it away. Couldn't drink it.

Deelady

I have never made it BUT only because I received a sample of it in the mail from their websight about a week ago and when I went to brew a pot, I opened the bag and took a big whif ( I usually LOVE the smell of freshly opened coffee!) This stuff smell SOOO nasty! I was so disapointed and I didn't dare brew a pot esp. since I had company at that moment! It smelled somewhere between dirty feet and cat pee......sorry to be so blunt in description but I would not serve that to my enemy! :sorry:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The coffee they serve at McDonald's is Seattle's Best- and I like it.
Every once in a while I'll pick up one of these at the quick mart.

Seattles-Best-Iced-Mocha-Coffee.jpg

Carolina Cooking

:yum::yum: thanks for the info. At least my old stand by , 8O clock, smells really good.

I may have to pass this one up :ohmy:

I heard that McD has good coffee ,now. I haven't been to one in about 10yrs & the coffee Had a green tinge to it. Wasn' t good coffee at all.

Deelady

If McDonald's sells Seattle's Best then I am really surprised because I really enjoy their mocha's and Frappes. I have never even seen their canned products but what I had was just regualr grounds.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ask them what brand it is they use next time you go to McD's Dee.
They told me it's Seattle's Best.
Wish they still had Dunkin Donuts around here.
Their brand you buy in the store tastes nothing like what you get in their shops, IMO.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Seattle's Best and Starbucks are THE SAME COMPANY! The Seattle's Best flavours are not as strong as Starbucks, but the companys are owned and operated by the same person.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, there is one Dunkin down here..and it's pretty inconvenient to get to. Some of the shops sell the bagged coffee but never the whole beans. Lou is in Philly right now, drinking Dunkin coffee to his heart's content. He will probably bring a couple of bags back with him.
However, Dunkin has a web program where you can actually get the coffee delivered to your door. You can set yourself up with automatic refills, too. If you want say...5 pounds per month (not sure what the minimum is), delivered each 15th (or any day you like) you just set up your account that way. Pretty sure the money is debited each month. You never have to wish for Dunkin again!

cookingirl

I thought McD's had Newman's coffee?
I do like Starbucks..
I also like the coffee at Trader Joes--Columbian Supreme--the one with the Tucan on the can...
:blob_blue:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for that info Vera!
Oh and I do love Starbuck's as well haha
They opened a little cafe in the hospital!

Carolina Cooking

I thought McD's had Newman's coffee?
I do like Starbucks..
I also like the coffee at Trader Joes--Columbian Supreme--the one with the Tucan on the can...
:blob_blue:

I have bought Newmens own before. It is good .. as all thier products are. More $$ but then it does go to a good cause. Even the cat food & dog food. its organic & NO by products.

I liked Starbucks when I had it there in the place, however I am not paying that for a cup of coffee.
TJ is open here but it is 45 min drive :sad::sad:

I am frugal, :yum: can't or won't spend that kind of money on bagged coffee. It s like $14 & not even a lb.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Around here there are places that proclaim "We Serve Cadillac Coffee Here!"- with signs in the windows.
I've had it twice.. bleck! lol

Carolina Cooking

alrighty then.. I got a great deal on this coffee. $4 on sale with a $! off coupon. $3. however It sucks......:yuk::sick::puke1:

Gross......

BUT. I made it drinkable. shot of Irish Cream & topped it with whipped cream.. Ah thats better.

Deelady

Glad to know it wasn't just me!! lol but sorry you wasted your money....Did you say you like the 8 O'clock brand?? I've been wondering to try that....

One I do like is the Ghiradeli's Chocolate Caramel.....YUM! Oh and Target's Arbor Farms brand Carmel Cream...even smells heavenly!

Norm

I usually get Seattle's Best. I like it. I usually get medium roast. I'd prefer Kenyan AA if I could get it around here anymore. Funny but I don't care for McDonalds. Maybe it is the way they make it.

Carolina Cooking

I have enough 8O clock for one pot in the morning. Then I need to go to wal mart for more.
I knew when I smelled it & saw the black beans it was a washout. :WitchBrewsSmiley: Its a witches brew ..:yum:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I think that coffee is a very personal taste. We enjoy dark-roasted coffee and always buy beans that are grown and roasted here in the state of Nayarit. When we lived in the US, we liked Starbuck's Sumatra coffee. Jerry stopped at Starbucks every morning for 19 years on the way to work...of course, they brewed a different type of coffee every day. Some he liked, some he didn't. Both Starbucks and Seattle's Best have many varieties of coffee, some dark, some medium, some acidic, some not. The sample you got, Dee, was maybe a generic "house blend". But if you are not fond of dark roasts, you just may not like it. Each to his own taste...

Deelady

I don't think I am very particular with types of coffee, my biggest thing is I want it to at least smell like coffee to me! lol
I do think I should start buying whole beans again, but I have been more focused lately on testing diferent brands in general as well as types of roasts within each brand but have yet to find one where I said " this is THE one!"
The search goes on....actually I did have one once that I absolutely loved that I had in a small breakfast eatery in California. I asked the waiter what kind they used and I wrote it down but unfortunately shortly after we moved accross country and I have long since lost the name. Its been 4 yrs now and I STILL think about that coffee!! LOL