Ultra fast Lazy Daisy cake--microwaved cake..

Jeff G.

After reading about chocolate cake in a cup, I figured what the heck.
OK..I did not measure anything..
Fire up your broiler first if you are in a hurry.

In a GLASS bowl I put in some flour, some baking powder, sugar, 1 egg and some water and coconut. Stirred it up and popped it in the microwave for around 2.5 minutes. It turned into a pretty nice white coconut cake.

While that was cooking I mixed up some melted butter, brown sugar and coconut in a cup for the topping.

I spread that on top of the cake, popped it under the broiler until the topping crusted over.

Pretty darn tasty!! and it took about 7 minutes from start to eating it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
This is great! it’s the second microwave recipe I’ve seen here (the first was for bread).

I was talking to DW about Microwaves, and really, how do we use them…..to heat up leftovers. But there are obviously ways to really COOK with them. We ought to start a forum with a challenge, akin to the Iron Chef Challenge, for cooking in the microwave. Certainly those 100 dollar boxes can do more that warm stuff up?

Last edited:
This is great! it’s the second microwave recipe I’ve seen here (the first was for bread).

I was talking to DW about Microwaves, and really, how do we use them…..to heat up leftovers. But there are obviously ways to really COOK with them. We ought to start a forum with a challenge, akin to the Iron Chef Challenge, for cooking in the microwave. Certainly those 100 dollar boxes can do more that warm stuff up?

I agree about cooking . There are plenty of recipes for microwave cooking.