Whats cooking Saturday January 2, 20-10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
not sure yet. but i have brunch pics to post as soon as i host them.

what about you?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Brunch - pan fried potatoes, green pepper, green onion, red onion and chopped bacon.

bacon_potatoes_peppers_onions_010210_P1050057.JPG

Scrambled eggs added and cooked till set.

eggs_bacon_potatoes_peppers_onions_010210_P1050058.JPG

Last edited:

Love2"Q"

going to a friends ..
i know he has about 200 clams and a bushel of oysters ..
there will be hot dogs and burgers too ..
and Abts ...
and beer .. lots of beer ...

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
After a whole day spent taking christmas down :sad: it's officially cocktail hour. We're having bourbon Manhattans tonight.

First course is my IC submission - Arancini stuffed with pistachios, peas and mozzarella.

Second Course is grilled chicken breast stuffed with fig preserves, ham and a boursin type cheese, served over tossed green leaf lettuce with peas and a grilled potato stack.

I'm trying to avoid dessert, but I do still have the bread pudding from last night - which, by the way was made with splenda and skim milk.

Believe we'er having pinot noir with dinner..

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Baby Backs on the grill, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and rolls. I'll try to grab some pics once I actually do the cooking.

GotGarlic

Baked buffalo chicken wings, mac 'n cheese made with leftover New Year's Eve smoky German fondue, and salad.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Going to a house party tonight, so we just had some of my chicken-n-rice soup that I made yesterday.

P1020383.jpg

I made a small batch of Lavash crackers and a a bowl of sun dried tomato and basil dip for the party.

P1020382.jpg

I also have a half recipe of half-size Epi Baguettes (right out of the oven) to take as well.

P1020384.jpg

I also made 2-1/2# of Deelady's Bourbon Chicken. I have it in a small crock pot.

Newnork1978

We still have quite a lot of grandma & mom's leftovers to choose from. I just got back from the store with salad stuffs to go along with whatever DH and I decide to re-heat and enjoy. :chef:

Our choices are Smoked Meatloaf (enough for the two of us), Spiral Ham (enough to last till the end of this month), and some Mashed Potatoes (enough for the two of us). :bounce:
We also have some corn on the cob to go along with our meal...so we can't complain we're short on variety for dinner tonight.

BIL is at Ikkicon (an anime convention), and probably won't be home until late...at which time we'll figure out what he wants to eat for dinner (if he doesn't eat at the convention). :wink:

Last edited:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Now that's my kind of meal Peep. You did save me some didn't you??????????

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Now that's my kind of meal Peep. You did save me some didn't you??????????

Thank you!! It was all gobbled up by the family and my daughters friend.

Last edited:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Yum! Looks delicious!

P1020383.jpg

I made a small batch of Lavash crackers and a a bowl of sun dried tomato and basil dip for the party.

P1020382.jpg

I also have a half recipe of half-size Epi Baguettes (right out of the oven) to take as well.

P1020384.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Going to a house party tonight, so we just had some of my chicken-n-rice soup that I made yesterday.

P1020383.jpg

P1020382.jpg

P1020384.jpg

I also made 2-1/2# of Deelady's Bourbon Chicken. I have it in a small crock pot.
i would love some of the soup topped with grated romano and parm and some bread and buter please. it looks sooooooooooooooooo good!!

homecook

Thanks lifesaver.......I could for sure eat your dinner! lol

Great pics by the way!!

Last edited: