Can i freeze guacamol

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I jumped the gun and made guac tonight for Saturday. I am concerned Abbott it going bad. Anyone know if it can be frozen?

Leni

Some say yes and others say no. A lot depends upon what you put into it. Tomatoes and onions do not freeze well and I assume that's what you included. The onion will bleed juice and ruin it.

I would put a layer of sour cream or lime juice, or wax paper directly on top of the guac. The idea is to keep air from touching the surface and turning it brown. If you put it into the coldest part of the refrigerator you should be okay. Still, it wouldn't hurt to have a backup plan just in case.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Just for that little bit of time, I'd seal it with a foodsaver (which I don't have :mrgreen:) and leave it in the refrigerator.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I always put a layer of plastic wrap in contact with the top.

I am thinking I will be ok. Every time I walk buy I have sample to make sure it's still good. I hope it lasts.

Leni

Sure hope that you've got a few more soft avacados plus the other fixings. Here in Socal we eat a lot of guac. It's hard to make it around here and have it last for any length of time, certainly not for two additional days. The minute an avacado gets soft in this household it is eaten.

Right now we are eating scrambled eggs, avacados with salsa and sour cream for breakfast. Don't forget the tortillas!