Kielbasa rolls or Polish Sausage rolls

Ian M.

You can make these with just about any recipe for soft, white bread or use the following recipe:

Soft White Bread

3 cups of flour
2 tbls. white sugar
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 3/4 cups of warm water (dissolve the yeast in 3/4 cup of warm water)
2 tbls. vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt

1 roll of kielbasa or Polish Sausage cut into 2-inch pieces - usually get about 12 to 14 pieces out of one roll.

Combine all ingredients - let rise for 20 minutes. Then punch down and knead at 10 minute intervals five (5) times. Following the last of the five kneadings, cut off fist-sized pieces of the dough from the larger piece and wrap each small piece around one piece of kielbasa or Polish sausage, making sure to completely seal the edges together to keep the meat juices in. Continue to wrap dough around remaining pieces of sausage until all are used and wrapped. Any remaining dough can be placed in one or two mini-loaf pans to be baked along with the rolls. Place all the rolls on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or foil and allow the rolls and mini-loaves to rise for one hour. Then bake all in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes until tops are golden but still soft. After removing from the oven, brush tops of rolls and loaves with melted butter and allow to cool on wire racks. These are delicious served warm or at room temperature or even cold from the fridge. Keep well and can be frozen. Make excellent lunch "sandwiches", too.

If this recipe happens to appear elsewhere I apologize but after I hit the button to post it, I couldn't find it any place so posted it a second time. :chef:

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG, Ian!

BOTH sides of my family, the Scottish side as well as the Polish side, would love these!

Well, who wouldn't???

Lee