Site Supporter
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 beaten egg
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or Active Dry Yeast

Place all of the ingredients in the bread machine in the order that is recommended by the manufacturer. Mine recommends that you put in the wet ingredients followed by the flour, sugar, salt and the yeast last.

Turn on the dough cycle and let the machine do all of the work! If you want, you could add some Italian Seasoning at this point too.

Turn the dough out onto a floured surface.
Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Each portion should weigh about 5 ounces.

**If you want to make dinner rolls out of these, divide into 12 portions.

Shape each portion into whatever shape of roll you would like. Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet. Space the rolls about 2 inches apart. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place, free from draft for about 20 to 25 minutes.

Bake in a preheated 350° F oven for 20 minutes. When finished, you can brush them with melted butter if you'd like but it's not necessary. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.

These make GREAT meatball subs!

Attachments

• sub-rolls.jpg
    sub-rolls.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 546
  • meatball-sub.jpg
    meatball-sub.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 355

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Say...aren't you the lady who couldn't bake bread just a few weeks ago???? Mighty fine job with those rolls.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you all.

Joe, I've discovered that a bread machine's dough cycle is a wonderful thing! :lol:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Thank you all.

Joe, I've discovered that a bread machine's dough cycle is a wonderful thing! :lol:

Alright Mama. You and I were yeast dough challenged together! Now you went ahead and figured it out and didn't bring me along!!!!

Tell me the secret!!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The dough cycle of a bread machine :whistling: I'm tellin' ya....it really is a wonderful thing!