1 stick butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
pinch of cayenne pepper for non chileheads,
2 teaspoons of mince habanero or scotch bonnets for bam style
6 cups cooked rice or 1 pound dried pasta, cooked​
optional: fresh chopped parsley
optional: lime or lemon cut in half

cook your pasta or rice as directed on the package.

While the rice or pasta is cooking, melt the butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium heat.

Once melted and starting to bubble, add the garlic and pinch of cayenne pepper or chilie's.

Turn the heat up to high and add the shrimp. Cook until pink and heated through.

Remove from heat. Snip parsley directly onto shrimp mixture and squeeeze half a lemon or lime. If serving over rice, spoon some rice onto each plate and spoon the shrimp mixture over it. If serving over pasta, drain pasta and pour the shrimp mixture into it and toss.​

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Jeff. Just out of curiosity .... do you chop up fresh cloves of garlic or do you generally use the jarred stuff that's all chopped?

I should make a poll out of this, but I don't know how.

I went from fresh, to jarred, and back to fresh again. Like the flavor of fresh better.

Oh, and your scampi recipe looks great. Like Fryboy's only stove top instead of under the broiler.

I think the mistake I was making was trying to get by with less than a stick of butter per pound.

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i went from fresh,to jar back to fresh just like you. the stuff in jars just doesnt have the same pungent qualities as fresh does

so yes i chopped it up each and everytime..lol

as for making a poll... start a new thread... type in the info you want to be polled... scroll down and click Yes, post a poll with this thread..and follow instructions