Saturday 9/17/2011 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Probably leftover chili. Dentist today so maybe I will pick up hot dogs and wheat buns and make chili dogs.

Any plans?

Carolina Cooking

I just ate corned beef hash with poached eggs on top so dinner is not on my mind.

I have the other top sirloin steak to cook.

However Chili sure sounds good.
I will have to re-work my recipe big time. 1/2 c beans (19carbs) isn't how I am used to making it :sad: I can load up on the cheese & use some sour cream tho.

No Corn Bread :censored:

who knows by dinner time I may have something altogether differant on my mind.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
This is what I hope I'll be having:

Pam Anderson's Cassoulet Style Italian Sausage and White Beans

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCn1hf-msl4[/ame]

Embryodad

N O ... C L U E ..so far..? ? ?

DW is miserable with her cold.... I'm on the $*it List today for some reason???

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Safeway Special- 7 bone Roast $1.99 lb.
The butcher cut me 4-big Meaty roasts, and trimmed thm well. Who says
big Grocery Stores don't have great customer service?

I just picked 3 lb's of Tomato's out of the garden.
We planted tomato's, Other than watering, we
let them go wild. No tomato cages, no weeding.
We got an fantastic organic crop.

Slow cooker Day- No one home till 11pm but me.

This is the start of it! LOL

IMG_1777.jpg

Last edited:

Embryodad

Safeway Special- 7 bone Roast $1.99 lb.
The butcher cut me 4-big Meaty roasts, and trimmed thm well. Who says
big Grocery Stores don't have great customer service?

I just picked 3 lb's of Tomato's out of the garden.
We planted tomato's, Other than watering, we
let them go wild. No tomato cages, no weeding.
We got an fantastic organic crop.

Slow cooker Day- No one home till 11pm but me.

This is the start of it! LOL

IMG_1777.jpg
roast looks like it needs just a bunch of hungry hungry people and watch out...

Nice cut of meat!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I just ate corned beef hash with poached eggs on top so dinner is not on my mind.

I have the other top sirloin steak to cook.

However Chili sure sounds good.
I will have to re-work my recipe big time. 1/2 c beans (19carbs) isn't how I am used to making it :sad: I can load up on the cheese & use some sour cream tho.

No Corn Bread :censored:

who knows by dinner time I may have something altogether differant on my mind.
I ate that big bowl of chili over brown rice and toppings last night. After 2 hours my sugar was 85.

Embryodad

I ate that big bowl of chili over brown rice and toppings last night. After 2 hours my sugar was 85.
Great Number peep...

I had decided on today's eats...

I have sausage cacciatori cooking ... 1/2 hour more, and I will throw in the peppers and potatoes wedges. I would hope by 6:30 it would be ready to mangia! L O L

Leni

DH wants the white eggplant growing in the backyard. DD and I will probably make a pizza. Just got a pizza stone.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DH wants the white eggplant growing in the backyard. DD and I will probably make a pizza. Just got a pizza stone.
You'll like the pizza stone. Crank up the oven to 450-500F and let the stone get nice & hot, and your pizza will be done in 5 minutes or so. I sometimes use it for bread as well.

Leni

Mama, how do you cook okra? I've sliced it, dipped it into beaten eggs and corn meal, and deep fried it. I've also sauteed it with garlic, onions, and tomatoes sometimes with bell pepper. DH is from Ohio but somehow he has acquired a taste for okra. Anyone else have favorites recipes?

JoeV I've already used the pizza stone. It really made a difference in the texture of the crust. I'm planning on using it when I bake bread.

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
We're just about to enjoy a couple of sazeracs...very few, if any, bartender makes a better sazerac than Lou.

First course is sauteed rainbow swiss chard topped with a napoleon of sweet potatoes, mission figs and goat cheese, topped with Miss Mary's homemade pepper jelly.

Dinner is two embarrassing large bone in rib eye steaks. Sweet potato gnocchi tossed with fresh cranberries, orange zest and chipotle. Sauteed mushrooms.

Believe the wine is a cabernet.

Dessert...well, I'm so in the weeds already, that I picked up two things at Whole Foods - a slice of carrot cake and a slice of triple chocolate mousse cake.

Embryodad

Sausage Cacciatori...

DW had a little. Hers was plain sausage, and mine was hot.

Peppers / onions / tomatoes / potatoes / garlic .
The best part..... I had like 8 chunks of cheese that formed into little soft pillows of deliciousness.

I had three of these little tiny plates. 5 slices of bread to use as a pusher.

DW has bread pudding in the oven.....not done yet!

b9fb5dde.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
All your dinners look terrific, everyone!

I had leftovers tonight - excellent, but not photo-worthy.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mama, how do you cook okra? I've sliced it, dipped it into beaten eggs and corn meal, and deep fried it. I've also sauteed it with garlic, onions, and tomatoes sometimes with bell pepper. DH is from Ohio but somehow he has acquired a taste for okra. Anyone else have favorites recipes?

JoeV I've already used the pizza stone. It really made a difference in the texture of the crust. I'm planning on using it when I bake bread.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Leni, I've been gone all day and just got home a little while ago.

I'm not a fan of boiled okra or pickled okra. My two favorite ways to have okra besides in gumbo or soups are fried and mixed with "stewed okra and tomatoes". Here's my recipe for fried okra, and here's the okra and tomatoes

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Spent the day with DD. We had hot dogs and smores cooked over the fire pit along with some macaroni salad. Forgot the camera so I didn't get any pics tonight.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Sausage Cacciatori...

DW had a little. Hers was plain sausage, and mine was hot.

Peppers / onions / tomatoes / potatoes / garlic .
The best part..... I had like 8 chunks of cheese that formed into little soft pillows of deliciousness.

I had three of these little tiny plates. 5 slices of bread to use as a pusher.

DW has bread pudding in the oven.....not done yet!

b9fb5dde.jpg

Mmmm! that looks delicious.

Embryodad

lifesaver...I do exactly the same to my soup. I just grab the cracker (s), in my palm, and squeeze over the bowl of soup.
DW...HATES when I do that. Especially when in a diner or restaurant.
Even at home she hates that.

SO, I now do it in my linin napkin; or paper napkin, and I thought that would be a more proper etiquite to crush the crackers. LOL hahahahahahaha:yum:

Mmmm! that looks delicious.

Thank you lsvr... The sausage was too good, and I ate too much.

I would have a tomato soup and crackers for a snack, but the soup is not the same as it was a few years ago. It is tasteless.
Campbells soup that is. That's the soup DW buys.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had my chili (and crackers) and then went to the vending machine downstairs for a Snickers bar lol

Good food pics here and sounds like everyone filled their tummies with delicious goodies.

Embryodad

I had my chili (and crackers) and then went to the vending machine downstairs for a Snickers bar lol

Good food pics here and sounds like everyone filled their tummies with delicious goodies.
Oooo! Sass....I love snickers bars.
I can't wait for DW to start buying the candy for trick or treat.
We put it in a Big Big beer and soda ice bucket filled to the top.

Then in the quiet of night...you could hear either my hands or DW's hands digging for our favorite candy... We each scold each other. She will say,"HONnnnn...Stop already...I heard you digging in the candy 5 times already. hahahahahahaha

My motto is..."It's More Fun when you sneak!"

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
LOL too funny Jimmy.
Yep, I buy the treats for the trick or treat kiddos then find myself sampling a little.
I don't really like a lot of candy or desserts as a rule, but when I want something, I REALLY want it, as was the case with my new BFF, Sistah Snickers bar tonight.:yum:

Embryodad

LOL too funny Jimmy.
Yep, I buy the treats for the trick or treat kiddos then find myself sampling a little.
I don't really like a lot of candy or desserts as a rule, but when I want something, I REALLY want it, as was the case with my new BFF, Sistah Snickers bar tonight.:yum:
I swear..that's me too. I don't normally eat candy, but when it hits...I make a hog of it.
Same with ice cream. Maybe three times a year I wish for Ice cream.
When I get a cone, I tell the girl.."Only one scoop...even if I get two, I only want one.

Now Tina on the other hand Ha Ha Ha Ho Ho Ho... She LOVES Candy. You should she her stash. hahahaha.... She could open up a candystore.
she would kill me if she ever found out I squealed on her.
She ate so many strawberry twizzlers and those good and plendys..that she passed out, and she was like drunken like a alcoholic.

Leni

Thanks Mama. Both recipes sound good. We'll see which one he prefers. We picked a bunch of okra over the last couple of days.