It's Friday.. Whats for Dinner

Carolina Cooking

seems like only 2 of us Post 'whats for dinner' lol

No more dinner salads for me for awhile. I am salad bored.

I took out chicken breasts to be defrosted.

I may make Broccoli Chicken breast casserole with added water chestnuts & use a fried Onion crust.

Or stuff them with riccotta /mozz/ slivered almonds. white wine/butter browned & baked .

time will tell.:cooking:

Deelady

I think maybe a bowl of clam chowder since its pretty chilly and rainy.:clap: And depending on my level of motivation maybe some clam cakes to go on the side.....

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's gonna be a replay of last night with fried chicken, dirty rice, green beans and biscuits.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's DW's birthday today (it's a big one, but she's in denial thinking it will go away. I'm playing along:whistling:), so I asked her if she wanted to go to a nice restaurant for dinner or if I could make something special for her. I nearly fell over when she asked for spaghetti and meatballs with a salad and garlic bread. Sooooooo, the bread is on first rise and I'm going to get out the pasta machine and make spaghetti (50/50 white/wheat flour) then mix up a batch of Italian meatballs with Italian herbs and fresh grated Parmesan & Romano cheeses. After I bake the meatballs I'll let them simmer in my homemade spaghetti sauce for awhile. Should be a tasty meal.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. JOEV!!!! Shoot, I can't blame her...at what restaurant are you gonna find homemade food like that!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think maybe a bowl of clam chowder since its pretty chilly and rainy.:clap: And depending on my level of motivation maybe some clam cakes to go on the side.....
recipe for the clam cakes Dee .... pretty please.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Happy birthday to DW Joe. Your dinner sounds wonderful wish I could join you.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I am planning for my daughter to cook tonight. Sometimes I just get tired of cooking. Well we have frozen Star Cheese Raviolis and a can of plain tomato sauce that will be doctored (maybe just with wine and dry herbs and spices or I may chop some garlic, onion and mushrooms for it. I will decide later).

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Going to my daughter & son in law's for dinner tonight. I will stop and pick up something to barbecue, she says she has the wine!! Also her ranch market is great and they make twice baked potatoes to go.

Will make a salad and take it with me.

The real bonus is their 14 month old boy Jack :) my hubby is away on fishing trip.

Embryodad

seems like only 2 of us Post 'whats for dinner' lol

No more dinner salads for me for awhile. I am salad bored.

I took out chicken breasts to be defrosted.

I may make Broccoli Chicken breast casserole with added water chestnuts & use a fried Onion crust.

Or stuff them with riccotta /mozz/ slivered almonds. white wine/butter browned & baked .

time will tell.:cooking:

May?? Or?? That is not to definite. hahahaha

Think Maybe??.... Maybe some?? ...Wow...yer really uncertain, LOL

Friday pizza!

Now Thats a Definite... So far you are the winner

It's gonna be a replay of last night with fried chicken, dirty rice, green beans and biscuits.

Mama...Replays are close..but No Cigar! hahahahaha

It's DW's birthday today (it's a big one, but she's in denial thinking it will go away. I'm playing along:whistling:), so I asked her if she wanted to go to a nice restaurant for dinner or if I could make something special for her. I nearly fell over when she asked for spaghetti and meatballs with a salad and garlic bread. Sooooooo, the bread is on first rise and I'm going to get out the pasta machine and make spaghetti (50/50 white/wheat flour) then mix up a batch of Italian meatballs with Italian herbs and fresh grated Parmesan & Romano cheeses. After I bake the meatballs I'll let them simmer in my homemade spaghetti sauce for awhile. Should be a tasty meal.

First of all...Happy Birthday to the Mrs... :bdaycake:from Jimmy and Tina in NJ.

Secondly.... JoeV you got the plan for sure...

Third... what a wonderful present to present to your lady. A cooked spaghetti and meatball dinner from Scratch... What a lucky lady.
Bless You Both!

Embryodad

Now Jimmy's turn..
H O T D O G S ............

DD was over this morning making tons of meatballs for a party of 65 tomorrow.
I helped her of coarse.. and there is a giant pot on the stove cooking now.

DW I know will sneak 2 meatballs. She always does that. hahaha

Other than that....I have really no clue for dessert.. NOT Oatmeal raisin cookies!

Maybe jello and whipped cream that I forgot to make the other day.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Now Jimmy's turn..
H O T D O G S ............

DD was over this morning making tons of meatballs for a party of 65 tomorrow.
I helped her of coarse.. and there is a giant pot on the stove cooking now.

DW I know will sneak 2 meatballs. She always does that. hahaha

Other than that....I have really no clue for dessert.. NOT Oatmeal raisin cookies!

Maybe jello and whipped cream that I forgot to make the other day.
I have sugar free jello I can make but no whipped cream :sad:

Embryodad

I have sugar free jello I can make but no whipped cream :sad:
peep...if you have heavy cream..you can whip your own.

If not..then there is no whipped cream..

Always good to have the dream whip or cool whip in the freezer just in case.
I do prefer real whipped cream, but if I have to eat jello...I Must have some kind of whipped cream.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:yum: I don't know where you come up with some of your sig's, but they're pretty funny!

Sometimes.... when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes... when you are in pain... no one sees your hurt.

Sometimes... when you are worried... no one sees your stress.
Sometimes... when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But FART just ONE friggin' time.....And everybody knows!!

Now for dinner.....pretty sure it's going to be chili.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW says "Thank You" for all the birthday wishes. She was pleased to walk in the house and smell some of her favorite aromas emanating from our kitchen.

Italian Meatballs

P1030919.jpg

Fresh baked Italian bread

P1030921.jpg

Freshly made wheat pasta

P1030918.jpg

And spaghetti sauce

P1030923.jpg

Now it's off to get some dessert at either Dairy Queen or Baker's Square...she has coupons for both places.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:yum: I don't know where you come up with some of your sig's, but they're pretty funny!

Sometimes.... when you cry... no one sees your tears.
Sometimes... when you are in pain... no one sees your hurt.
Sometimes... when you are worried... no one sees your stress.
Sometimes... when you are happy... no one sees your smile.
But FART just ONE friggin' time.....And everybody knows!!

Now for dinner.....pretty sure it's going to be chili.
Thank you cooksie glad to spread the chuckles.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DW says "Thank You" for all the birthday wishes. She was pleased to walk in the house and smell some of her favorite aromas emanating from our kitchen.

Italian Meatballs

P1030919.jpg

P1030921.jpg

Freshly made wheat pasta

P1030918.jpg

And spaghetti sauce

P1030923.jpg

Now it's off to get some dessert at either Dairy Queen or Baker's Square...she has coupons for both places.
YUMMY dinner Joe. Wheres mine?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had cheese raviolis with tomato sauce topped with grated cheese. No pics tonight.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
No real dinner here tonight..... An assortment of cheese from the St. James cheese shop; an assortment of olives and marinated mushrooms; a spinach and artichoke hummus; a truffle soaked hard sausage; and a couple of authentic Philly pretzels pulled from the freezer.

We're drinking tequilla manhattans tonight..celebrating the miracle ointment Lou found for my seriously burned hand...which is almost 100% cured just 48 hours later!

And all my windows are open!!!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
No real dinner here tonight..... An assortment of cheese from the St. James cheese shop; an assortment of olives and marinated mushrooms; a spinach and artichoke hummus; a truffle soaked hard sausage; and a couple of authentic Philly pretzels pulled from the freezer.

We're drinking tequilla manhattans tonight..celebrating the miracle ointment Lou found for my seriously burned hand...which is almost 100% cured just 48 hours later!

And all my windows are open!!!!!
We had cheese and meats last night. I wish I would have had the olives, mushrooms and hummus. It's a nice no cook, quick and easy meal. It sounds wonderful.

Great news that your had is almost healed. I had a bad burn years ago (from boiling water I was using to make cabbage leaves pliable for stuffing) in an embarrassing place and didn't want to go to the doctor. A friend gave me some "udder" cream and that stuff healed it up really quick.

Nancy-MD

Italian Meatballs

P1030919.jpg

P1030921.jpg

Freshly made wheat pasta

P1030918.jpg

And spaghetti sauce

P1030923.jpg

Fabulous meal, Joe! Happy birthday to your wife.

Peep, I've used utter cream before for very cracked hands in the winter time and it works great!

Nancy-MD

Chicken fried steak with milk gravy, garlic smashed red potatoes and leftover corn on the cob and green beans.

Attachments

• 9.9.11 chicken fried steak 002.jpg
    9.9.11 chicken fried steak 002.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 102

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chicken fried steak with milk gravy, garlic smashed red potatoes and leftover corn on the cob and green beans.
YUMMY! Did you do seasoned flour and fry or seasoned flour, egg wash, seasoned flour and fry? It looks fantastic.

Embryodad

JoeV's Meal and spaghetti and bread factory are awesome...

Hot dogs were put aside for today... Only because DW put together eggplant parm casserole.

I'm waiting for mine to set first.

DD and I made meatballs in sauce for a party she is going to tomorrow.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
nothing. i was inpatient so you'd think i'd be ravenous after thier food, tho i'm not. i' ready 4 snooze under the down comforter she she grts me winters. i think it'd faux/ ii'll check w/ her, yho. 'miyr.

cookingirl

luvs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU"RE BAck!!!!!!!!:applause::applause::applause::applause:
How are you?????????
I was so worried!! please let me know next time you take a 'vacation'!!!!!
or PM me!!!:heart::kiss:
me
ps, I missed you--tried contacting, but alas, to no avail!
people were concerned!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Welcome back luvs. Did you say you were an inpatient? Is all well now?