5/27... WHAT ?? NOBODY'S COOKING ?

homecook

It's my baby's birthday today.......he's 19. Where did the time go??

We're taking son, his girlfriend and best friend out to dinner downtown tonight! Hopefully the thunderstorms are done for the night.

chowhound

I think I'm going to go pick up some tomatoes and lettuce and make steak tacos from the leftover steak I had Monday. Or maybe some kind of fajita thing.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
It's date night, so I made some chili macaroni for lunch, and DW and I are going out to eat tonight!

chowhound

It's on! Just need to add the steak and onion.

Attachments

• fajita veggies.jpg
    fajita veggies.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 136

GotGarlic

DH ate leftovers before going out to umpire a Little League game. I made myself a green salad from the garden, potato salad with roasted red peppers and peas, also from the garden, and pork chops. I'm cooking two, but I'll save one for lunch tomorrow.

I combined two different recipes for the potato salad, and gussied it up a little :wink: If it's any good, I'll post the recipe.

chowhound

mmmm, meatloaf, potatoes, gravy, corn... is there any better combination? ;^)

lol, Don't hold your breath, Trish. I'm just going to saute stuff and see what happens. I even bought fajita seasoning that was recommended to me waaaaaay back in that post instead of making my own. I just don't get adding water though, so I'm going to skip that part and rely on the EVOO and veggie juices. I think (lol).

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Me and DW had very busy days and didn't get home till after 6. Therefore, I took the high road and asked if she wanted a homemade pizza (dough in the fridge), but she had that for lunch, so I took her to the local diner. I had a 12-piece shrimp dinner with homemade fries and cole slaw, and DW had linguine with sauce and 4 giant meatballs and a side salad. I now have linguine and meatballs for lunch tomorrow.

Biskit

Pizza Ranch on the way home from the mall. DW and I had to run and get a few things right after work.

chowhound

I impressed myself. Amazing what you can learn soaking up everybody's recipes and then winging it on your own. :chef:

I'm gonna post this somewhere so I can look up what I did again :lol:

Attachments

• 5-27-7.jpg
    5-27-7.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 130

lesley

Awesome dinner chowhand!! I'm on a diet this week, so I made chilli con carne with brown rice...it was good though..have to get in my trousers for tomorrow!
Off to The London Clothes Show...yipppeeee!!! don't want to be looking like an old Wilson ;0) :wave: