Whatcha eatin' Thursday, April 15th?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm thinking something simple. Something with boneless, skinless chicken breast.

K

Kimchee

Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and a salad.
One of my favorite Comfort Foods meals.

And another chance to pursue the Perfect Meatball recipe, LOL!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Spaghet does sound good. But we're having chicken. :(

Thanks for starting this thread Mama. I was thinking I might have to start it at 3. I'm glad you did it for me. :thumb: :D You are now entered in the win a NCT apron contest with the lucky number of 15. :tiphat:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I went to Ikea today and Jonathan pressed me to buy the meatball deal - so we had swedish meatballs, potatoes, mixed veg, cream gravy & lignon jelly.

lilylove

Chicken legs sprinkled with oregano, salt, pepper and paprika... bake for awhile.... then sprinkle with lots of Parm cheese and a can of mushrooms (fresh is better but.. I don't have any) bake until cheese is warm and bubbling.

Veggie and salad as sides.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
broccoli rabe, kidney bean and cannelini bean salad for me maybe. i have no interest in food any more :sad:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm hungry for sketti, too! there's chix i was gonna cook last nite & i gotta use that soon. chix parm! if there's cheese, that is.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
broccoli rabe, kidney bean and cannelini bean salad for me maybe. i have no interest in food any more :sad:
Awww, are you still feeling under the weather? I'm so happy to see you today, girlfriend. Maybe we can make you feel a little better.

buckytom

Grill Master
Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and a salad.
One of my favorite Comfort Foods meals.

And another chance to pursue the Perfect Meatball recipe, LOL!

the meataball recipe that i use came from an old coworkers sicillian mom. i've made them every year since for our dept.'s holiday party to rave reviews.

it's not so much a recipe as a description: per pound of 80 to 85% lean beef, add 2 large eggs, then try to guess how much would a third of the volume of beef be, and add that amount of breadcrumbs, a tsp of dried basil, 1/2 tsp of oregano (skip the basil and oregano if you use seasoned breadcrumbs), about a third of the volume of beef in grated locatelli cheese, and about a third of the volume of beef in dried parsley. add 1/2 cup of milk, then gently blend all of the ingredients by hand, adding more milk as you go to reach a sticky consistency, but not goo.
form the mixture into balls rolling by hand, then fry in olive oil over medium heat to brown on all sides.
hth.

for our dinner tonight, dw mentioned that she had some chicken to make. i think it's legs and thighs, of which i'll probably end up grilling. i also have 2 pkgs. of chicken tenderloins that i may bread and make into chicken parm. if not, i'll make my limey chicken picatta later this week.

Newnork1978

Right now I'm enjoying a big (for me) lunch, soup & sandwich (gotta love Schlotzsky's Deli). I'm not even thinking about dinner, yet, although I did get salad stuffs when I went to the store earlier today. I'm sure I'll come up with something in time for dinner...I usually do. :chef:

PS: Spaghetti sounds amazing...it's a shame I'm already "cheating-ish" with my sandwich lunch I don't think I could get away with a pasta dinner, too.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Here's part of my meal. A stuffed tomato ready to go into the oven:

IMG_1728.jpg

GotGarlic

We're having chicken breasts stuffed with fennel and lavender goat cheese and roasted red peppers, green salad, and herbed penne pasta.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I ended up seasoning the chicken breasts with olive oil and Old Bay then sauteing them. I topped a romaine and spinach salad with the chicken, some balsamic vinaigrette, and asiago cheese.

Last night we went to the local free Library of Congress media preservation theatre to see the classic Dexter Gordon jazz flick "'Round Midnight" (terrific, by the way). So, since it was quite late, just popped into IHOP for omelettes.