What's Cookin' Monday, April 5th?

Newnork1978

Seeing as how I've had trouble deciding, last-minute, what to make/eat for dinner lately...I figured I'd start working on it early, today. No idea, yet, but I am hungry so I'm thinking about it. :wink:

What's cookin' at your place, tonight? :chef:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Gonna be the ham we didn't get to over the weekend.........
Sides to be De"side"d later..............

Newnork1978

Right on! :clap:

So, I know I've mentioned this illusive pot roast throughout the week...every morning DH and/or I forgot to set it up in the crock-pot and it was looking like it would never get made. Today I thought about it early enough that I think I'm going to put it together and get it started so we can FINALLY have it for dinner, tonight. My mouth is watering just thinking about slow-cooked pot roast & veggies. Mmm! :bounce:

AllenOK

I really ought to go back to the store (after spending $171 this morning) and get a couple bags of beans, and utilize the leftover ham and ham bone from yesterday.

K

Kimchee

Nothing fancy here... pan fried hamburger steaks and pan gravy, rice with mushrooms, and a salad.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know we're having chicken as that was what was put in the fridge to thaw. I know that leaves it pretty open ....so I'll post more info later once I know. :yum:

Korean BBQ does sure sound interesting UncleRalph. I'm sure it's something I would like. I'll 2nd FM's request to share more with us. :D

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I love it, and could eat it everyday, especially if the bahn cnha(all the little sides) is good!!

Korean%20food2.JPG

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Damn! That looks fabulous! (Now the peanut butter sandwiches I had planned for dinner will really suck.)

lilylove

Leftovers from yesterday!
We will be having them tomorrow and the next day too.

I over cooked again, sigh

K

Kimchee

Oh yeah.. gimme gimme! LOVE all the little sides!
Posted my bulgogi recipe separately.
By the way, that meat in the above pic is on a little table top
gas grill... they are just wonderful little devices!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
doing bulgogi. I have fallen in love with Korean BBQ

Wow, I just looked at the first 10 pages of your flicker photos. :thumb::thumb: Love that dog, so cute!

We're having something that we've never tried, French onion chicken. It sure sounds good. More to come later if it really is good :).

GotGarlic

I'm pan-frying some pork chops with sage, and will make a couple of baked potatoes and a green salad to go alongside. We still have some bread from yesterday, although we ate all the roasted garlic. Mmmm!! But we have buttah!

Newnork1978

Our pot-roast came out perfect. Just enough for two meals (dinner for the two of us last night, and again tonight). It was my first attempt at pot-roast. Since I shouldn't eat potatoes, right now, we used cauliflower instead...which turned out really nice, by the way. We also had carrots, celery, onion and mushrooms. I think I might get more creative and try other pot-roasts in the future...it's fun, easy and delish! :chef:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Boy that sure sounds good NewNork. :thumb: I love pot roast. :D

Last night was dear husband's "MONSTER LOBSTER" birthday night (see more info on the Seafood forum). One 4-pounder & one 3-pounder made for a FABULOUS dinner!!! And the huge amount of leftovers are going to be making for some equally FABULOUS meals over the next several weeks.

Attachments

• 4 Pound Birthday Lobster.JPG
    4 Pound Birthday Lobster.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 134