Whats on your table - Tuesday 20 April

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
My turn to start today - others have been getting the jump on me.

I'm planning a shepherd's pie, with a mix of lentils & mince & a sweet potato topping.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Red beans and rice for sure.. maybe I'll add some chicken to it, and squash on the side.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Going to run to Wal-Mart tonight. Might stop at KFC for the new Grilled Double Down...

buckytom

Grill Master
happy 4-20 everyone!

tonight will be pizza topped with potato chips, chocolate cake, french fries, and m&m's...

rasta.gif

lilylove

We have a play to go to tonight so...Paul will eat at work and I will have left over salisbary steak from last night.

It was delish!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had a tooth pulled this morning. :sad:

So after I got my pain meds and antibiotics filled I had a fantastic sammy from Dirienzo's Italian Deli in Little Ferry - 1/2 a spinach wrap stuffed with prosciutto Di Parma, fresh mozzarella, lots of fresh basil leaves, sun dried tomatoes (which proved to daunting for a just pulled tooth mouth so they were ejected from the party!), olive oil (that I sprayed on with my Misto) and red wine vinegar. That was my first meal of the day. I will have the other half for dinner (or lunch), my third meal will be an order of meatballs from the same place (at what time is unknown but I need to eat to take all my pills). Family will be having KFC (because we have coupons).

Btw the pain pill is wearing off :sad:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your tooth Peeps.
Feeling better right now?

Here is dinner..

I did end up adding some chicken breast to the red beans and rice, and the Margaret Holmes squash with vidalia onions is the bomb.

2010-04-20 13-12-40.330.jpg

2010-04-20 13-08-01.704.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
NOTHING!!! And you wanna know why??? I'm scared the house will smell like cooking and the house is being shown again at 10am tomorrow morning!!

This selling of the house shit is for the birds!!! Don't leave a fork in the sink. Don't leave the toilet lid up. Don't leave your toothpaste out. Jeez, it's a damn good thing I picked up the cat puke or the entire gig would be a wash!!

Someone bring me dinner. I'll sit outside under a tree, eat, and then bury the remains.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I had a tooth pulled this morning. :sad:

So after I got my pain meds and antibiotics filled I had a fantastic sammy from Dirienzo's Italian Deli in Little Ferry - 1/2 a spinach wrap stuffed with prosciutto Di Parma, fresh mozzarella, lots of fresh basil leaves, sun dried tomatoes (which proved to daunting for a just pulled tooth mouth so they were ejected from the party!), olive oil (that I sprayed on with my Misto) and red wine vinegar. That was my first meal of the day. I will have the other half for dinner (or lunch), my third meal will be an order of meatballs from the same place (at what time is unknown but I need to eat to take all my pills). Family will be having KFC (because we have coupons).

Btw the pain pill is wearing off :sad:

I could walk to Dirienzo's from my house...and have often!:applause: Sorry about the tooth, mouth pain sucks.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
NOTHING!!! And you wanna know why??? I'm scared the house will smell like cooking and the house is being shown again at 10am tomorrow morning!!

This selling of the house shit is for the birds!!! Don't leave a fork in the sink. Don't leave the toilet lid up. Don't leave your toothpaste out. Jeez, it's a damn good thing I picked up the cat puke or the entire gig would be a wash!!

Someone bring me dinner. I'll sit outside under a tree, eat, and then bury the remains.

Vera, you may not want to cook garlic & onions, but how about baking some bread? Or, better yet, something with apples & cinnamon? Those smells are supposed to make people want to live in your house!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
:glare::glare::glare:..I want mussels!! And for such occasions as I don't cook something that smells great, I have a vanilla candle. Didn't George Costanza love vanilla scented candles:brows:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your tooth Peeps.
Feeling better right now?

Here is dinner..

I did end up adding some chicken breast to the red beans and rice, and the Margaret Holmes squash with vidalia onions is the bomb.

View attachment 6638

View attachment 6639
thank you sweetie!!

thank you. My BP was 190/86 just before they pulled it. I still feel shaky.
seriously VB do you need someone to bring you dinner?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
You realize, of course, that dish is just dying for okra....:whistling:
haha!
perhaps it would have been good IN something.
Vera, when I was a young/dumb new bride, I made okra for the first time.
It was frozen and in a bag. I prepared it like you would frozen green beans, peas.. etc..
It turned to a slimey mush!:yum:
Since then I have had it twice. Once at a nice place down in Mississippi (in gumbo) then again fairly recently at a local chain place, Captain D's.. also in gumbo.
How is it prepared alone and tasty?
I need some teaching here!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My BP was 190/86 just before they pulled it. I still feel shaky.
:eek: that is high even for someone undergoing a procedure really, Peeps.
Did they recheck before releasing you to go home?
Are you prone to high blood pressure?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:glare::glare::glare:..I want mussels!! And for such occasions as I don't cook something that smells great, I have a vanilla candle. Didn't George Costanza love vanilla scented candles:brows:
i love vanilla candles!! i also love my black cherry and caramel scented candles which i bought at cracker barrel.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Having just sold my house last summer I have to agree. What a PITA it has all been, but in the long run - mission accomplished.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
thank you sweetie!!

thank you. My BP was 190/86 just before they pulled it. I still feel shaky.
seriously VB do you need someone to bring you dinner?

Thank you, no...I had some arugula salad that was left over from Sunday night, and toasted one of those friday night pretzels (gleaned from the freezer...) oh boo hoo to me..

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
haha!
perhaps it would have been good IN something.
Vera, when I was a young/dumb new bride, I made okra for the first time.
It was frozen and in a bag. I prepared it like you would frozen green beans, peas.. etc..
It turned to a slimey mush!:yum:
Since then I have had it twice. Once at a nice place down in Mississippi (in gumbo) then again fairly recently at a local chain place, Captain D's.. also in gumbo.
How is it prepared alone and tasty?
I need some teaching here!

Trust me...if not the maques choux, just bread it and fry it:chef:

SierraCook

I have had the ingredients out to make spaghetti all week, but do you think it got made tonight? No. I guess I am just not in the mood. Instead, I had broccoli and beef stir-fry over jasmine rice.