Quiche Recipes

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Basic Quiche Recipe
1 fresh or frozen pie crust (not deep dish)
6 eggs
3 T. milk or heavy cream, optional
10 oz package frozen chopped vegetables, thawed or two cups fresh chopped
1 cup finely shredded meat
1 cup shredded cheese
1-2 tsp. seasonings

Preheat oven to 350º
In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs until blended. Add cream or milk, if desired. Whisk together. Add seasonings to the mixture and mix together
until well blended. If using the meat or the vegetables, add to the bowl and whisk together until well blended. Add the cheese to the mixture and whisk until well blended.

Place into prepared pie crust. Place in pre-heated oven and bake 25-30
minutes or until firm and set and top is slightly browned and glazed looking.

Special Combinations
Broccoli and Cheese
Use frozen or fresh vegetables, fines herbes and cheddar cheese.
Bacon Swiss
Use ¾ cup bacon bits. Chives, and Swiss cheese.
Country Style
Use chopped ham, onions, green pepper, and cheddar cheese.
Spanish Style
Use green peppers, red peppers, 1 jalapeno pepper and pepper jack
cheese.
Let your imagination go!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Cover a prepared large pie crust with 1-1/2 c. grated swiss

Cover the cheese with:
1 cup of chopped green onions
1/4 lb sliced fresh mushrooms (that have been sauteed in butter w/dash of thyme)

Beat 4 eggs-1-1/2 c of whole milk-3T of flour-1/4 mustard.

Pour over mushrooms and cheese.
Bake 375 for 40-45 minutes.

This is great served cold with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers on the side.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
This is the quiche recipe I teach my 12 year olds. The crust is very quick and easy to make.
Savoury Quiche

Ingredients;

125g self raising flour
50 ml cooking oil
50ml.boiling water (do not bring)
3 rashers bacon
1 large shallot or small onion.
50g grated cheese
2 eggs.
150ml milk
Salt & pepper (do not bring)

Method

1, Put flour and oil in a bowl
2. Add boiling water and mix well.
3. Press into flan dish so bottom and sides are lined.
4 Cut off the rind and chop the bacon. Slice onion.
5. Fry these in a little oil.
6. Beat the eggs in a bowl.
7. Add grated cheese, milk, bacon and onion and mix well
8. Season to taste.
9. Pour into flan case.
10 Bake for30 minutes at 200C/400F/Gas 6 until set.

Johnny West

This is on the menu for tonight.

Salmon and Goat Cheese Quiche

Ingredients

For the crust:
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling dough
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, chilled in the freezer and diced
2-4 Tbsp ice water

For the quiche filling:
½ small red onion, cut into thin slivers
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt
2 Tbsp capers
3 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
4 ounces smoked salmon, diced
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled

Directions

To make dough, whisk together flour, salt, and sugar. Then add in butter and mix with hands until you have a coarse, crumbly mixture. (Alternatively, you can use a food processor.) Add in water 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together. Be careful not to over mix. Form dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Roll out dough on a lightly flowered surface into a 12-inch circle. Place it in a tart pan and press down to fit in the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line dough with parchment paper and fill 2/3 of the way with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until crust is set, about 12-15 minutes.

Carefully remove paper and bake until golden brown, an additional 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.

Meanwhile, make the filling. In a large sauté pan, heat up olive oil over medium heat. Sauté red onions with a pinch of salt until the start to soften and brown, about 5 minutes. Then add capers and sauté for another 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, black pepper and nutmeg. Once crust is cooled, sprinkle half of the onion mixture, goat cheese and smoked salmon on the bottom of the crust. Pour over egg mixture and dollop with remaining ingredients. Bake until quiche is set but still slightly jiggly in the center, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/the-nosher/smoked-salmon-and-goat-cheese-quiche/

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I've also heard of crustless quiche... Do you just pour everything in a pan and bake?

It's called a fritatta. Generally you start it out on the stove and then finish in the oven, but you can finish it on the stove, just REALLY have to watch it. And, yes, you cook the veges/meat in the pan and then pour in the egg mix.

I love the quiche we make that's based on the classic Lorraine. It's called a Duchess quiche and my mom, daughter and I had it at King Stefan's Table in Cinderella's castle at WDW many, many, many years ago when DD was just a little girl. She's pushing 40 now. The quiche had cooked bacon, ham and swiss cheese added to the original Lorraine recipe, as well as chopped onions cooked in the bacon fat and drained. Sometimes I add cooked spinach to it and sometimes I skip the crust and make a frittata, but it's always good. Definitely can't go wrong with bacon!

Johnny West

We used sweet onions since we forgot to get a red. It was quite good but you definitely have to like goat cheese. Normally I make the Joy of Cooking Quiche Lorraine.

Attachments

• ########Quiche .JPG
    ########Quiche .JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 173
  • ########Quiche MS.JPG
    ########Quiche MS.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 172