Grillin

Johnny West

I diid these on the grill a few nights ago, using mesquite and hickory for smoke. The mrs made a sauce using Frank's buffalo wing hot sauce. They were excellent. :readytoeat:

Attachments

• ####Chix Wings.jpg
    ####Chix Wings.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 304

Johnny West

Sweet and Spicy Sauce:

8 TBS butter from grass-fed cows, such as Kerrygold
1/2 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
1/2 cup honey
2 garlic cloves, minced

Johnny West

Nancy decided to grind pork to make our own breakfast sausage and butts we got at WinCo were lean so we stopped by Blue Max Meats to see about pork fat to add to the mix. Blue Max stepped up their game and the steaks looked fantastic - we got two for dinner Wed. night.

Attachments

• ####Ribeye I.jpg
    ####Ribeye I.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 272
  • ####Ribeye IV.jpg
    ####Ribeye IV.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 264
  • ####Ribeye III.jpg
    ####Ribeye III.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 265
  • ####Ribeye II.jpg
    ####Ribeye II.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 273

Johnny West

The vicar asked me to make pulled pork (and grill burgers and hot dogs, day of) for the church picnic August 19. Since I'm going to be out of town I did four butts last Saturday, pulled, and froze, so that's done. One of these days I'll have to learn how to say no. I swear I'm the only man in this church that grills.

I threw on some beef short ribs and got 3 meals out of the package. My wife is not liking smoked meat anymore so it was all for me. These came out excellent.

I used a North Carolina Mop and alder and hickory for smoke.

Attachments

• ####Pulled Pork x 4.jpg
    ####Pulled Pork x 4.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 263
  • ####Beef Short Ribs.jpg
    ####Beef Short Ribs.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 261
  • ####Beef Short Ribs II.jpg
    ####Beef Short Ribs II.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 271

Johnny West

Sunday evening Blue Max Swiss brats were on the menu and grilled over the coals with cherry and alder for smoke. I'll have to try their regular brats next.

Attachments

• ####Brats Swiss.jpg
    ####Brats Swiss.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 266

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I could go for one of those brats right this minute!

Lee

Johnny West

I could go for one of those brats right this minute!

Lee

They are good but more like a German weisbrat. Blue Max makes them for The Swiss, a Tacoma restaurant, bar, and music venue.

Yesterday Fred's had NY Strips on sale for $5.77 a pound and got a package of four. I'll be grilling Thursday night as my next two nights are booked. :weber:

Johnny West

I took the wife to SeaTac last evening to catch a flight to Iowa to meet up with her sister and visit relatives they've not seen in to many years. When I got home fixed a martini, started a fire, and grilled a 1.5# NYS from Fred's. I have about a third left over and will have it tonight with eggs and bacon.

Labor day went to Lowes and stocked up on charcoal - 8 bags should last the winter. I used alder and mesquite for smoke.

Attachments

• ####NYS .jpg
    ####NYS .jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 254

Johnny West

Steak fries, ranch beans on the side, and a bottle of French Pinot Noir was the dinner last night. :weber:

Attachments

• ####NYS Fries.jpg
    ####NYS Fries.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 285

Johnny West

Last night's fair burgers were excellent. I just had thee leftover onions in an egg scramble.

Attachments

• ####Burger Onion Fry Up.jpg
    ####Burger Onion Fry Up.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 282
  • ####Onion Fryup.jpg
    ####Onion Fryup.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 273

Johnny West

Last night I did another NY Strip over the coals. This one I didn't give as much smoke and enjoyed it more. I have half for tonight with some scrambled egg and mushrooms.

Attachments

• ####KS strip Raw.jpg
    ####KS strip Raw.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 267
  • ####KC Strip Done.jpg
    ####KC Strip Done.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 262
  • ####KC Strip MS.jpg
    ####KC Strip MS.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 260

Johnny West

I'll be done grilling for awhile - looks like rain for a few days straight.

Here is a chuck steak I did yesterday while listening to the Seahawks on the radio. I made an oak fire and can't say I'm wild about the oak wood flavour. I'd rather have the mesquite or alder.

Anyway I'll have the leftovers with eggs tonight.

Attachments

• ####Club Steak.jpg
    ####Club Steak.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 273

Johnny West

These are the brats I did last night - the white one's are veal and pork mix mae in Seattle but taste just like their German cousin. they are traditionally served with curry ketchup which I made myself.

Attachments

• ####Brats.jpg
    ####Brats.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 268

Johnny West

Last night was grilled Johnsonville Italian Sausage - used pecan for smoke and like it a lot.

Attachments

• ####Italian Sausage.jpg
    ####Italian Sausage.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 250

Johnny West

I had 4 thighs that needed to be done up so did these on the grill last night. I used plum and pecan for smoke.

Attachments

• #####BBQ Chix II.jpg
    #####BBQ Chix II.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 247
  • #####BBQ Chix III.jpg
    #####BBQ Chix III.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 250
  • #####BBQ Chix IV.jpg
    #####BBQ Chix IV.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 250
  • #####BBQ Chix I.jpg
    #####BBQ Chix I.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 232

Johnny West

It's been hectic here with a flooring project and my bad hips not helping my demeanor or enthusiasm. I'll save that for a rant later.

Last week I did grill a kobe New York Strip from Snake River Ranch and it was excellent. it weighed over a pound and could eat it all so I made hash with the leftover meat which was to die for. The fillet mignon was for the mrs.

Attachments

• ######Kobe I.jpg
    ######Kobe I.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 260
  • ######Kobe II.jpg
    ######Kobe II.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 253
  • ######Kobe MS I.jpg
    ######Kobe MS I.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 250
  • ######Kobe MS II.jpg
    ######Kobe MS II.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 255

Johnny West

Hash night... leftover steak, sweet onions, russet and Yukon Gold potatoes, Amana bacon, and eggs.:heart:

Tonight it's grilled Redhook brats.

Attachments

• ######Hash MS.jpg
    ######Hash MS.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 265
  • ######Hash.jpg
    ######Hash.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 275

Johnny West

Tonight I grilled burgers In the 90°F heat and it wasn’t all that bad. I had two ears of corn leftover from last night so fried them over the coals with ghee, chicken salt and pepper. That was a hit. The Indian mushy mustard greens were not a hit and had an odd taste we aren’t used to. The salad was our usual and our cherry tomatoes from our garden are excellent.

66CDD52E-440B-46F7-B850-7F47630EEF88.jpeg
C0FD7BF2-75C4-4BF7-8BA1-9CE11A85F136.jpeg
19469BEC-766C-449D-A6AB-1CB0F075CB51.jpeg

D7EB2672-B26B-4EA9-812F-5701F4E80683.jpeg

4EE549DE-F3CB-4880-8C42-95BF673E27F8.jpeg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I only saw Wagyu beef at Snake River. Did I miss where they had Kobe? We got some Wagyu rib eyes a couple years ago at Wild Forks and while they were very good in taste and tenderness, weren't sure if they were worth the almost 3 times price tag. We definitely weren't impressed with the Wagyu ground beef we got.

Johnny West

I only saw Wagyu beef at Snake River. Did I miss where they had Kobe? We got some Wagyu rib eyes a couple years ago at Wild Forks and while they were very good in taste and tenderness, weren't sure if they were worth the almost 3 times price tag. We definitely weren't impressed with the Wagyu ground beef we got.
We have Snake River products here, as well.

A friend of mine raises beef in Nebraska. I can get beef or $4.50 a pound cut and wrapped, just wish I had the freezer room.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We just got done prepping the grill and a brisket to cook tomorrow. Started with a 17.67 pound whole brisket, but had to cut it down to about 11 pounds as we are going to try the Cook's Country snake method that needs a 10 to 12 pound brisket. When they did it on the show, it was the most moist piece of brisket I've ever seen, the juice just squirted out when the meat was pressed. So, we've got a small piece to grind up with a chuck cut for burgers and a couple of other pieces to do whatever with. Salt and pepper only for seasoning. It's been rubbed down and is in the fridge overnight.

Winn Dixie had brisket on sale a couple of weeks ago in vacu-packs. Got the above for $53, regular $105. Not bad.