Sunday 2/5/2012 What's on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hub wants to go grab something out. None of us are sports fans so it will probably be Olive Garden which has NO TV's. LOL

So what's on your menu?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
wings (half buffalo/half garlic-butter), a batch of fries, maybe w/ some cheddar cheese & that, bleu cheese dressing (i'm making a batch of dressing & having the cheese itself w/ the wings, too.

Embryodad

I made a small pot of like a Jambalaya and DW sampled it for Breakfast, and said it was so good. Everything was nice and soft from the slow cooker overnight....

We are also gonna have Porkburgers. DW's gonna make them after I grind the pork.

Applesauce (homemade) from last year.. and Cauliflower steamed / buttered / and seasoned with salt and Black Pepper. Hmm! a cheese sauce would be a thought over that too! / ?

Embryodad

wings (half buffalo/half garlic-butter), a batch of fries, maybe w/ some cheddar cheese & that, bleu cheese dressing (i'm making a batch of dressing & having the cheese itself w/ the wings, too.
Sounds like a plan luvs...

I love Bleu / blue / blew cheese...hahaha..but not as a dressing. isnt that sumthin?..
Mom & Dad used to eat it...and as kids we would say yuck dad...how can you eat mouldy cheese. He said," That's penicillin, and if you kids would eat some..the Dr. won't have to give you a "Penicillin Shot" in the tush!...
Guess what? We started to eat it...and we Loved It!

Leni

Embryodad, you might try this with the cauliflower. I use Best Foods mayo which I understand is Holmans back east. I make a mixture of 1/2 mayo and /1/2 mustard. Do it to your taste. I cover the cauliflower with that once it is cooked. Then I top with grated cheddar cheese and put it back into the oven until the cheese is melted. Even the kids liked it that way.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well besides the usual hot wings, baby back ribs, deviled eggs and chips and dips. We have made up a cold cut plate of cheese, meats and fresh vegetables. We also have some cocktail meat balls in the oven now to be simmered in a cranberry jelly, chili sauce, brown sugar sauce after they are done in the oven for about 1 hour.. This will be all finger food while we watch the super bowl.

lilylove

Going out to lunch but not sure where yet...

Just chips and dip for during the game...

and I think dinner will be pasta with a red sauce.

Embryodad

Embryodad, you might try this with the cauliflower. I use Best Foods mayo which I understand is Holmans back east. I make a mixture of 1/2 mayo and /1/2 mustard. Do it to your taste. I cover the cauliflower with that once it is cooked. Then I top with grated cheddar cheese and put it back into the oven until the cheese is melted. Even the kids liked it that way.
Thanks for the tip..
Have to try that next time when DD comes over. Sounds good.

Mr. Green Jeans

The game will be about over at dinner time for us. I'm doing Buffalo drumsticks (+ threw in some thighs) baked beans (Lee's recipe) and coleslaw (Mama's recipe)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well we went to The Longhorn for lunch. The 4 of us shared the Firecracker Buffalo Chicken Wraps appy - 2 half wraps each was a perfect size. Hub and I subbed out the Blue Ridge salad for the regular salad that came with the dinner - it was romaine hearts, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles and bacon bits - wonderful. I ordered a strip steak medium. The first steak came out gray inside. Well back it went. The second one came out and if I gave it a transfusion it would have galloped off. Third time was a charm - perfectly cooked. The manager comped my dinner. I only ate 1/3 of it because by the time they got it right the family was done eating!! I hate that!! Aside from the steak cooking problem the food was good.

Embryodad

Well we went to The Longhorn for lunch. The 4 of us shared the Firecracker Buffalo Chicken Wraps appy - 2 half wraps each was a perfect size. Hub and I subbed out the Blue Ridge salad for the regular salad that came with the dinner - it was romaine hearts, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles and bacon bits - wonderful. I ordered a strip steak medium. The first steak came out gray inside. Well back it went. The second one came out and if I gave it a transfusion it would have galloped off. Third time was a charm - perfectly cooked. The manager comped my dinner. I only ate 1/3 of it because by the time they got it right the family was done eating!! I hate that!! Aside from the steak cooking problem the food was good.
Poor peep... Next time tell them You Will Cook your own Steak. L O L

Isn't that the place that has the Firecracker Shrimp too???

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Poor peep... Next time tell them You Will Cook your own Steak. L O L

Isn't that the place that has the Firecracker Shrimp too???
Well I got it for free so it wasn't all bad.

Yup they have firecracker shrimp.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made my wings/fries (the buffalo didn't stick well to the 1's so i brought the bottle of frank's in after a piece of 1. much better.) i threw the cheddar in the trash & just seasoned the fries instead. slipped my mind i coulda made gravy for 'em! & a 'lil batch of dressing, x-tra blue pcs. for snacking on, malt vinegar, ketchup, extra garlic butter. carrot/a cherub tomato.
think those were the best wings i've ingested in my enterierty.
time to return to the game!

Attachments

• IMG_3127948.jpg
    IMG_3127948.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 159

Embryodad

Watching the Game...

Here is what we cooked up tonight.

The Jumbolaya with Crabfake meat and sausage and dogs...

Tina made Porkburgers..

Cauliflower..

"Pat Biscontini's" ( My moms good friend )Cherry squares / some banana topped too.

9fed5844.jpg

12ffd1f0.jpg

f9be8f53.jpg

3549d8ae.jpg

At half time..I'll put out the chips and dips!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
ok not superbowl food but i get that most days at work..

not sure what to call it but wow its tasty....

onions,garlic,cabbage,noodles... the onions and cabbage are so sweet...jalapeno smoked sausage

2vnm25v.jpg

Embryodad

ok not superbowl food but i get that most days at work..

not sure what to call it but wow its tasty....

onions,garlic,cabbage,noodles... the onions and cabbage are so sweet...jalapeno smoked sausage

I got a name for it!

"Bams Cabbonionarlic & Noodles" .... OOKS-LAY OOD-GAY!

Thats Igpay Attin Lay ( Pig Latin )

Aww...Yer to Young to Remember That!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
actually i understand that more than most people..lol

i have been a cizarnee fizore mizost of mizy lizife..lol

years ago i use to work on the steel pier behind the Taj in Atlantic City,NJ

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
actually i understand that more than most people..lol

i have been a cizarnee fizore mizost of mizy lizife..lol

years ago i use to work on the steel pier behind the Taj in Atlantic City,NJ
You're a carnee? My uncle owned the wild mouse ride till he met and married my aunt.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
You're a carnee? My uncle owned the wild mouse ride till he met and married my aunt.

yup once and awhile..lol

does that make me a bad person?..lol

difference with myself and some of the other ones is that i have all my own teeth...lmao

AND the biggest difference, when i grow up i want to join the Circus..hahahahahahaha

if you look on my FB page in the photos..you will see pictures :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
yup once and awhile..lol

does that make me a bad person?..lol

difference with myself and some of the other ones is that i have all my own teeth...lmao

AND the biggest difference, when i grow up i want to join the Circus..hahahahahahaha

if you look on my FB page in the photos..you will see pictures :)
LOL My aunt used to follow my uncle from upstate NY down the east coast just so they could spend some time together. I remember mom and I would go with her when he was close around here. I loved watching the performers, the motor cycles riding around in the giant barrels and would like to stand in the snake pits. LOL Mind you I was like 5 - 6 years old and had no fear at that time. TeeHee Nothing like the smells, sounds and sights of the old time traveling carnees!! So much fun! The animals, performers, rides AND the wonderful foods!! :hotdog:

We enjoyed our traditional "roasted" chicken wings, accompanied by a selection of TERRIFIC bottled wing sauces from our local "Buffalo Wild Wings" restaurant: "Mango Habanero" (blow-the-top-of-your-head-off HOT - but in a wonderful way), "Hot BBQ" (hot with a touch of smokiness), & "Parmesan Garlic" (a mild but very flavorful counterpoint to the first two).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We enjoyed our traditional "roasted" chicken wings, accompanied by a selection of TERRIFIC bottled wing sauces from our local "Buffalo Wild Wings" restaurant: "Mango Habanero" (blow-the-top-of-your-head-off HOT - but in a wonderful way), "Hot BBQ" (hot with a touch of smokiness), & "Parmesan Garlic" (a mild but very flavorful counterpoint to the first two).
OHHHHHHHHHHHH That sounds wonderful. I like them hot. I like to mix some hot wings sauce and the blue cheese dip together and dip in that also.

And you know - it really is ridiculously easy to throw together AND economical.

I bought 2-1/2 pounds or so of raw Perdue chicken wings for between $6 & $7, & the 3 bottles of wing sauce came to $12.09. We had some last night for dinner & there are some leftover for a couple of lunches &/or snacks. Plus, each one of those sauce bottles will easily last through several future batches of wings (or to grace other chicken dishes, or to dip French fries in, etc., etc.) & last FOREVER in the fridge. Plus, I save the little wing tips in the freezer to add when making future poultry stock. Can't beat that all for under $20. (I always have good blue cheese dressing & fresh celery on hand.)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
you could not pay me enough to eat a funnel cake or an elephant ear or cotton candy(i cant stand the smell of it,Amanda wears this cotton candy smelling thing from bath & body works..ewwwww)...

or a candy apple(i will eat a caramel one with nuts on occassion)..

every once and awhile i will eat a corn dog BUT there are very few places in the country i will and i can name them...one little church lady in Augusta Georgia(from years ago), one place in Sacramento CA(only because it tastes like a canadian corndog, yes tastes different)

the sides shows are a thing of the past...very few Carnivals have them these days...

do i know the secrets to the games?..YUP...will i tell you them? NOPE..lol

LOL My aunt used to follow my uncle from upstate NY down the east coast just so they could spend some time together. I remember mom and I would go with her when he was close around here. I loved watching the performers, the motor cycles riding around in the giant barrels and would like to stand in the snake pits. LOL Mind you I was like 5 - 6 years old and had no fear at that time. TeeHee Nothing like the smells, sounds and sights of the old time traveling carnees!! So much fun! The animals, performers, rides AND the wonderful foods!! :hotdog: