TGIFriday, 8/5/2011, Whats on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hopefully I will get to the sweet and sour pork.

Any plans?

Carolina Cooking

I am making a pot of beans. Green beans.
with fat back & bacon :readytoeat:

I might go really wild today & make a 'small' pan of cornbread . Has lots of carbs but I can make do with a 4oz cut. Hopefully..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm making yesterday's dinner- sausage, grainy mustard sauce, haricot vert, shiitakes, & porcini/truffle-infused oil.
(last nite i went to take the bartender roast beef/jus i'd frozen for her, w/ my intending to not stay, 'till we got to chit-chatting & snacking. then this 'ol fellow & i got onto the subject of food so the dinner hour passed on by)

homecook

It depends. I'll be on my own tonight so it will be happy hour bar food or a chicken/shrimp stir fry afterwards.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Going to DD's to help with her hubby's birthday party tomorrow so we'll probably get take out of some sort.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Depends on where I am scheduled today.
If it's rehab, I can run out and get some Chinese, if it's the nursing home, it'll most likely be pizza ordered in.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I just had some nice, creamy coconut milk delivered by our friends at Organic Select, so I'm going to make a Thai Shrimp Curry tonight for dinner.

Embryodad

................P . . . . . I . . . . . Z . . . . . Z . . . . . A ................

Mommy "T" made the sauce...

Daddy "J" ....will make the D O U G H !!!!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i cooked the rabbit/pork/garlic/ginger sausage, haricot vert garnished w/ sun-dried tomato, sliced shiitakes w/ garlic, minced onion, seasalt & pepper cooked in canola oil, then for a fraction of a second i let them stay in the pan w/ porcini/truffle-infused oil; & a grainy mustard sauce.
the sausage was excellent, very juicy & flavorful. think i'll make another tonite!

Attachments

• IMG_0811204.jpg
    IMG_0811204.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0812205.jpg
    IMG_0812205.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Looks delicious and artistic, luvs! I can just imagine the burst of flavor when you bite into that sausage, and the garlic shiitakes. Nice pic.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, karen! the plating wasn't centered, though my stomach didn't mind

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanks, SS. i was not in cooking mode for awhile although it is slowly returning to me, thankfully~

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Nice to see you getting back into the groove, luvs! I just put Mama's Praline Banana Bundt Cake into the oven for dessert tonight...yum.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's been horribly hot and humid lately. Right now, it's pouring and thundering, listening to jazz and only thinking about a shower and cocktail. I have nothing in the fridge, and not much of anything significant in the freezer. I have pretzel sticks and cheese....

Nancy-MD

luvs, your plate is beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your meal and that you are getting back into the cooking mood.

I couldn't get on the site yesterday so I'm posting that picture first. This is a spicy creole chicken and shrimp dish over rice.

Tonight, I made marinated and grilled flank steak, a baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon sugar, and spinach.

Attachments

• spicy creole chicken and shrimp 001.jpg
    spicy creole chicken and shrimp 001.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 113
  • marinated and grilled flank steak 004.jpg
    marinated and grilled flank steak 004.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 113

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
VeraBlue said:
I have nothing in the fridge, and not much of anything significant in the freezer. I have pretzel sticks and cheese....

Very funny, Vera - the carpenter's children never have any shoes! But I'm sure you must get weary of cooking at some point...

Two lovely meals, Nancy! Lucky people who get to eat such food! I hope they appreciate you.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh my, Peeps - looks like it belongs in a magazine or cookbook. I'll bet it tasted wonderful.

cookingirl

Luvs, it looks awesome!! Glad to see youi are back to your passion, cooking!!! Now, come over here and cook for me!!! pleeeaaaasssssseeeeeee!!
:wow:
cyn---(love)

Embryodad

i cooked the rabbit/pork/garlic/ginger sausage, haricot vert garnished w/ sun-dried tomato, sliced shiitakes w/ garlic, minced onion, seasalt & pepper cooked in canola oil, then for a fraction of a second i let them stay in the pan w/ porcini/truffle-infused oil; & a grainy mustard sauce.
the sausage was excellent, very juicy & flavorful. think i'll make another tonite!
Looks vey appetizing and delicious luvs..

Great pictures....The plating is off center you say?

Its easier to eat the food when it at the edge closer to ther eater. LOL

homecook

luvs, Nancy and Peeps all your dinners looks delicious! Wonderful plating too!

I made chicken/shrimp stir fry over Chinese noodles.

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 114