Whats on your plate Tuesday 1/4/11?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am hoping to make soup. I have 1 lb bottom round. I am thinking of making veggie beef soup.

Any plans?

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Bahn mi for me. Beautiful lil sammich and at $3 a pop, beat subway all day, every day!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pasta w/ a meatsauce. i may crockpot that sauce tonite~
i'm also making an artichoke 4 my appy!

Last edited:

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
I've never heard of that whats in it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bánh_mì

It is an awesome lil Vietnamese sammich, pretty common in Annandale and DC, well, all in/around DC, BUT it I like mine(the number 10): Super crispy 12inch baguette, roast pork, diakon radish, shredded carrot, sliced jalapeno, fresh cilantro and a little salt and pepper. A little drizzle of vinegar(mirin) and fish sauce make it OH SO GOOD! They are noting short of amazing. If you can find a place in your area the does them(look on yelp.com)do it!

banh-mi1.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

It is an awesome lil Vietnamese sammich, pretty common in Annandale and DC, well, all in/around DC, BUT it I like mine(the number 10): Super crispy 12inch baguette, roast pork, diakon radish, shredded carrot, sliced jalapeno, fresh cilantro and a little salt and pepper. A little drizzle of vinegar(mirin) and fish sauce make it OH SO GOOD! They are noting short of amazing. If you can find a place in your area the does them(look on yelp.com)do it!

banh-mi1.jpg
Looks good!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

banh-mi1.jpg

I've never heard of this before, but I will try to find a place that serves them now. They look Awesome!!!!!! :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
looks awesome...i saw these on some cooking show,travel show etc etc..they have been on my list to try...my only downfall is i dont care for cilantro.

as for me i am having something to do with leftover chili..

Doc if you look at the previous days dinner plate, that is what your chili mix is going to look like from the spice mixture i have.

banh-mi1.jpg

K

Kimchee

I love Banh Mi sandwiches!
Did some Char Sui pulled pork ones last week, and lemongrass ginger catfish nuggets are good too!
These pics are of the pulled pork, and of a lemongrass pepper pork one.

Great website for them:
http://battleofthebanhmi.com/

They aren't, however, what's for dinner tonight, sighhh.
Dunno what is quite yet.

Attachments

• CharSuiPorkBanhMi7.jpg
    CharSuiPorkBanhMi7.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 268
  • PepperPorkBanhMiSub.jpg
    PepperPorkBanhMiSub.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 180

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Those sandwiches look SO good. Tonight, I'm cooking a birthday dinner for a good friend. I'm making a rolled pork loin roast with apricots and pistachios, red cabbage, scalloped potatoes, broccoli, hmmm. Not sure what else. German chocolate cake already made last night.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Banh Mi, oh my... how I wish I had one right now.
Those are yummy.

Dinner.. leftovers, going to work with me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A1nh_m%C3%AC

Guy F was eating one (on FN) in a restaurant in Sacramento. Maybe I can track down the Nom Nom truck (FN's Food Truck Wars).

http://nomnomtruck.com/
Looks delish, UR.

Last edited:

Leni

My grocery store has a clearance section in the meat department. They had just put out whole turkey breast at 50% off as I came by. So it will be roasted turkey with stuffing etc.

Here in the San Fernando Valley you can find any ethnic food you want. I'll have to try that sandwich.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My soup is in the pressure cooker making the house smell yummy!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I meant to ask you, how do you like your new pressure cooker? Saw Montel Williams, on Qvc, selling them, & was tempted - but don't have enough space.
Well this will be my second run. I need to get the hang of the timing. The pot roast could have cooked longer and the veggies less. LOL

Lets see how the soup turns out. LOL

K

Kimchee

Ham steaks, macaroni and cheese and salad.
Ham is one of those tasty foods I really like, but rarely ever buy or cook.
Dunno why, just never think of it. Average 1 ham a year.
Bought a big un this year and froze it in a few packages!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ham steaks, macaroni and cheese and salad.
Ham is one of those tasty foods I really like, but rarely ever buy or cook.
Dunno why, just never think of it. Average 1 ham a year.
Bought a big un this year and froze it in a few packages!
I usually buy a smoked ham steak and fry it then fry greens in the nice brown pan fond!! Or to make western egg scrambles.

This year I also bought an 11 lb smoked ham shank and froze a lot of it. I used the bone for the most awesome pea soup!!

My soup is done!! I can't wait till dinner!! LOL

Guts

Going to make some potato soup tonight, haven't made it in a couple months. I've been eating potatoes soup made this way most all of my life warm, hearty taste good on those cold nights and I think it's going to get cold the tonight. Maybe 45° or lower.

Attachments

• potato soup 001.jpg
    potato soup 001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 172

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade Beef Barley Soup (not a very good picture).

010411_beef_barley_soup.jpg

With a side of Fritos!! Thanks Bams!!

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Made a meatloaf with riced potatoes and broccoli.

P1030088.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the pots of water to get up to a boil so I can can my spaghetti sauce. Trying it this way because the sauce takes up too much space in the freezer.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Made a meatloaf with riced potatoes and broccoli.

P1030088.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for the pots of water to get up to a boil so I can can my spaghetti sauce. Trying it this way because the sauce takes up too much space in the freezer.
YUMMY Joe!!

Leni

Well, I was going to cook the turkey breasts but I was out voted in favor of chicken. So it will be chicken,egg noodles in chicken gravy, brocccoli, and maybe mashed potatoes.

lilylove

Using my new grill pan for the first time... chicken has been in a marinade for a few hours and the veggies are ready for roasting. ;)