Cake Mix Cookies!!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I know some here have seen these posted before, and/or have made them. They are easy to make, and you are limited only by your own imagination!
Here is one we made recently:

1 box Cherry Chip cake mix
2 eggs
1 stick butter
1 cup coconut

Soften butter (not melted), then add eggs and beat. Add cake mix and coconuts, batter should be stiff just like cookie dough. Pre-heat oven to 350, drop mix onto cookie sheet by spoonfuls and flatten slightly (I like to roll it in my hand into a ball, put on the cookie sheet, and flatten slightly or until it is half the size it was in ball form). Put in oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Since ovens vary so much, check on em about 7 minutes in and judge from there.

Darn good stuff!! Anyone who has made these please post what you did! I will try and remember some of the other variations we used.

Calicolady

I tried making chocolate ones one time. They came out more like cake, than cookie. I don't know what I did wrong.
I need to try them again. Thanks, Mav.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
If that happens, you can reduce down to one egg and try that.

EDIT: In fact, the eggs we buy are grade A X-Large organic which are actually slightly larger than the regular x-Large eggs, so most times we add one then judge if we want to add a second. A lot of the times I end up only using the one.

Last edited:

Calicolady

I use large eggs as that's what most recipes call for. I used to buy them and extra large to eat (I eat eggs for dinner often) hoping to find double-yolkers once and awhile. But mainly because 1 isn't enough, 2 was 2 many.
But living alone, I had all too many eggs.
I'll try them with 1 egg next time, although the recipe for cakes usually call for 3. At least Duncin Hines does.
Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea, you never use the amount of eggs the cake mix calls for. Just add in one and see what happens.