Post Tax Blues - Dinner Plans, April 16

vyapti

I, for one, cut a big check yesterday. And I'm not in the mood for cooking. I took today off to spread 9 yds of dirt, so I'll definitely be ordering in ... from my favorite Mexican place. Hopefully this'll serve as incentive for the kids to help me =)

buckytom

Grill Master
i have chicken tenders that will either end up being breaded and fried and made into fingers for my boy and dw, the reminder as chix parm for me.

or, if i get home early enough, i'll be making my limey thymey chicken piccata. i bought a beautiful bundle of fresh thyme on the way home yesterday at a florist.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Dry bologna and white bread sandwiches... LOL! J/K, I don't know what I'm making yet...

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Sorry about having to pay this year, vyapti. Hope the Mexican food helps! It sounds so good, I think I'll do Mexican here tonight, too. Probably just rice and beans and make-it-yourself chalupas.

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks, cooksie. i like to post recipes there as they give you the nutritional info, so i'm able to adjust things on future attempts to make it healthier.

i posted the stuffed trout recipe there a long time ago, but the one i posted here is an improved version.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I just put in a shouldeer of lamb to roast. Thinking of having rice & butternut squash. Juts picked some purple sprouting brocolli, so will have that as well.

The market had some large really nice-looking U.S. farm-raised catfish filets, so I picked up two. Plan to dip them lightly in Italian salad dressing followed by a hefty coating of coarse-ground lemon-pepper seasoning. Will bake them & accompany with some butter-&-parmesan tossed fresh tri-color cheese tortellini (also on sale at the market), & a nice mixed green salad. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to have the whole shebang on the table, which, with the kind of work hours my poor husband has had to keep lately, is my kind of meal - lol!

K

Kimchee

Nothing exciting here... leftover spaghetti and meatballs.
OK, I lied. I find leftover sketti exciting! (I need a life, LOL)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with you Kimchee ...even left over sketti sounds good to me. But ... we have running to do plus it's Friday so we'll be ordering out. Probably Pizza. We heard of a new pizza place that someone said had the best pizza ever. It's a 1/2 hour drive from our place to it, so I have to decide if it's worth taking the chance on it.

Thanks vyapti for starting the What's Cooking thread today. You are now entered in the win a NCT Apron Contest. Your lucky number is 16. :thumb:

Newnork1978

Mmm, Mexican sounds perfect! Maybe I can sweet-talk DH into taking me to one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants tonight. :brows:

Newnork1978

"If ya don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can ya have any pudding if ya don't eat your meat?!?"

BUMP for Updates!
1319583pc04mc1df5.gif

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
"If ya don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can ya have any pudding if ya don't eat your meat?!?"

STAND STILL LADDIE! :clap:

GrillinFool inspired me to try out my new grill pan. I did sausage on the grill, and shrimp in the pan. I also sauteed some spinach, but I'm the only one who ate that...

img0523c.jpg

FooD

I had to cut a big check yesterday too. But I had to cut an even bigger property tax check 5 days prior. I had Cup-O-Noodles for lunch and dinner yesterday, and again for lunch today. I don't know what I'm eating tonight.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Agghhh! I had to cut the huge property tax checks in January. It was very painful. The only up side about having an unemployed husband last year is that we didn't have to pay the IRS this year.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We had breakfast for dinner; Blueberry Pancakes and Eggs over light.... Pork roll..........:a1:

We need to do that more often, seeing as how we rarely cook a big breakfast

buckytom

Grill Master
nice job, robsan! did you shell the shrimp before grilling? and what kind of sausage is that? looks delicious, like a smoked hot dog, what they call a hot smokey around here.

i made my limey thymey chicken piccata last night, with an addition. it's officially now a fusion dish with the changes i made, so here's the new name: mexitalian chicken piccata.
:chef:
i pulled out a bundle of herbs from the fridge thinking it was parsley. when i realized what it was, i thought that cilantro goes well with lime, so i tasted it with a caper berry, butter, and some lime, and the combo worked!

i will be posting the new recipe later today since it was just so damn good. dw and my boy didn;t want to wait until i got home and cooked, so they had leftover bbq chicken legs and rice from the night before. but when i brought my creation upstairs, they had a second dinner until they were stuffed, so i know it was good.:respect:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Thanks BT, yes I did shell the shrimp. I buy them frozen, and already deveined, so It doesn't take much time to shell them. The sausage was just a standard grocery store smoked sausage, Farmland brand.

I, for one, cut a big check yesterday. And I'm not in the mood for cooking. I took today off to spread 9 yds of dirt, so I'll definitely be ordering in ... from my favorite Mexican place. Hopefully this'll serve as incentive for the kids to help me =)

Matt, you should have declared your huge tree as a dependent. j/k
Yeah... wrote the killer check for the property taxes (part deux) not long ago. A little late, but...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK-ngEb57Rg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]