Asian Grilled Chicken

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I had some left over sweet and sour sauce from my Sweet-n-Sour chicken recipe, so I came up with this as a way to use it up.

Asian Grilled Chicken

Ingredients

4 Chicken Thighs or 2 Leg Quarters

--Marinade
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced ginger

--Glaze
1/2 cup Sweet and Sour sauce (your favorite brand)

Procedure

Put chicken in a large re-sealable zip-loc bag. Add
Marinade ingredients to medium bowl and whisk to mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over chicken, squeeze out excess air, and allow to marinate in fridge for 4 hours. Flip the bag every hour.

When ready, start grill. You’ll want a bed of medium coals or low heat on a gas grill. Grill 10 minutes flesh side down. Flip and grill 10 minutes skin side down. Flip again and coat well with Sweet and Sour Sauce. Allow to grill another 10 minutes. If you desire, give a second coat of the sauce after 5 minutes. After 30 minutes total time, remove from heat, tent and allow to rest 5 minutes as you ready your plates.

For the pics tonight, I used left over parts from the broken down chickens I did earlier this week. So I had 2 Leg Quarters and 2 Wings. For the leg quarter on the left, I pulled the skin off before saucing because DW doesn’t like the skin. More for me; nice treat!! :w00t:

i6zbsy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful pic!

I'd have to have a roll of paper towels all to myself! :)

Lee