1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup half and half
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen peeled, cooked shrimp, thawed
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
3/4 teaspoon OLD BAY Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or to taste (optional)

Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, green pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in half and half, water and tomato paste. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens. Stir in shrimp, parsley, seasoning, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cook until heated through. Serve over rice.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
homecook, i just love shrimp and eat it every chance i get, that recipe looks just so delicious that i am going to have to try it.

homecook

6 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 cup half and half
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, green pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in half and half, water and tomato paste. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil. Cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens. Stir in shrimp, parsley, seasoning, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cook until heated through. Serve over rice.

Adding Pics.....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 237

Love2"Q"

very nice ...
interesting .. where i am from .. the only thing we do to shrimp
is steam or grill .. minimal seasonings ..
i must venture out ...

homecook

Thank you Fred!!

Thinking about it, next time I'm going to add some chopped jalapeno when I saute the celery and green pepper...to give it more of a bite.

suziquzie

thanks hc, i try to make the kids eat fish or seafood when dh has an overnight cuz he hates it....
I have tomorrows dinner now!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Fred!!

Thinking about it, next time I'm going to add some chopped jalapeno when I saute the celery and green pepper...to give it more of a bite.
How did I miss this one. Thanks Barb- I am glad you added the idea of adding Jalapeno! My daughter is gone ("not Spicy Please" wimp) So Sharon & I been adding spice to everything while she's gone!
:a1:

homecook

How did I miss this one. Thanks Barb- I am glad you added the idea of adding Jalapeno! My daughter is gone ("not Spicy Please" wimp) So Sharon & I been adding spice to everything while she's gone!
:a1:

Well DH is the wimp here. lol Ds and I love spicy. We actually added tobasco when it was plated. :lol:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
6 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 cup half and half
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt

Hi Barb- Sharon made this for me tonight(I worked tonight-She cooked-We are both good in the Kitchen).
It was a delightful meal. She upped the garlic, so I guess she can call it Garlic Creamy ShrimP. The Veggies were all al dente.
We will do this recipe again. Thanks
:chef:

homecook

Hi Barb- Sharon made this for me tonight(I worked tonight-She cooked-We are both good in the Kitchen).
It was a delightful meal. She upped the garlic, so I guess she can call it Garlic Creamy ShrimP. The Veggies were all al dente.
We will do this recipe again. Thanks
:chef:

Your welcome and I'm so glad you liked it!!

AllenOK

Homecook, is this dish Cajun, or at least derived from a Cajun source? I see holy trinity, the rice, the roux, and the fact that you added Tabasco once it's plated. I can't help but think "cajun", but I can't recall something like this. I'll have to check my files......

homecook

Homecook, is this dish Cajun, or at least derived from a Cajun source? I see holy trinity, the rice, the roux, and the fact that you added Tabasco once it's plated. I can't help but think "cajun", but I can't recall something like this. I'll have to check my files......

I really couldn't tell you Allen. I've been making it for a few years and I don't remember where I got it from. It does have alot of Cajun influences I guess, the tobasco at the end was for me and my son because we like the spicy and DH doesn't. lol When he's not home I'll add jalapenos too.

Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Yer killin me Barb. I had not gotten beyond shrimp in white sauce, add peas and pearl onions and put it over mashed,biscuits or rice. You have shown me a bold new world.

Thank You

You may have designed tonight's dinner.

homecook

Yer killin me Barb. I had not gotten beyond shrimp in white sauce, add peas and pearl onions and put it over mashed,biscuits or rice. You have shown me a bold new world.

Thank You

You may have designed tonight's dinner.

You're more than welcome Andy.....I hope you get to try it.

Thanks for the testimony Dan, much appreciated.

FryBoy

BTW, I tend to buy frozen raw shrimp and peel them before cooking. Do you think raw vs. cooked frozen shrimp would make any difference? I would simply cook them a couple of minutes longer.

homecook

Thank you Fry! I love my dishes too. LOL

It shouldn't make a difference at all with raw or cooked. Like you said, just cook them a little longer.