Any ever try making their own Tofu ??

Honestly, im not that fond of tofu, but I like trying to make things from scratch ( at least once) to know the process. Ive already tried chocolate from cacao ( which smelled good, but ill leave the chocolate making to Mr Hershey) , Mozzarella cheese from a cheese kit I got online. Tasted good, but started with a gallon of milk, but my cheese ball ( when finished ) was the size of one of those little ones you get at the salad bar. And now Tofu. Worked very well. Got this wooden tofu box/ press thing online along with this coagulator. Bought some soy milk, did my thing, and worked on the first try. Anyone else tried to make anything interesting from scratch ??

larry

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
No, but my mom once toured a local factory and had a blast watching the process. Unfortunately, I doubt she remembers anything. JoeV has great luck with utube searches finding videos of how to do things--it is what he did with bread. Maybe there is a video that would help you there.

smoke king

Banned
My dad used to make his own cigarettes-does that count? Actually, so did I, but, well, no need to go into that. It was a long time ago!:smile:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I remember my friend rolling......er, um....nevermind. :blush:Yes, that is what they were cigarettes...that is my story and I am sticking to it.:whistling::whistling:

PanchoHambre

Ricotta (sort of I guess it was more farmers cheese) really really good and not too hard. Had to use the stuff fast though.

One of my Indian friends always makes her own yogurt.

What I really want to try is Paneer. I love the stuff but even in QNS at Patel Bros you could only get frozen.... Philly forget it I would not even know where to look. I think it would be interesting to try fresh.

I like tofu and try to buy the fresher stuff from the Asian market rather than the packaged stuff.. better deal better "taste"

edit to add... i put taste in quotes...not sure taste applies to Tofu texture should have probably been the word

Last edited: