Enameled Cast Iron

Mr. Green Jeans

THe kitchen remodel is done. I must say we are really thrilled with the performance of the induction cook top. Most of our cook ware was induction ready. The exception is our cast iron skillets. They are old Wagners and the bottome are rough. I'm comparing enameled models and on several sites saw comments about the coating peeling off Lodge cookware. I see that Cuisinart has a line or should I hold out for Le Creuset?

GotGarlic

I've never used the Cuisinart line, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Le Creuset. I'm replacing my old Pyrex dishes one by one :smile:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a Wagner fry cast iron fry pan that works great on my induction stove top. Now if you wanting some really good quality enameled cast iron pots then there is Tramontina which is every bit as good as my Le Creuset and much cheaper in price. I got one at WalMart about 4 years ago now that we use for making soaps and such.

I also got one of these to replace my old lobster steaming pan as it wouldn't work with my induction. These and others like them are great and really inexpensive. http://www.target.com/p/Columbian-1...93636?reco=Rec_pdp_10493636_ClickCP_Adjacency