What's cooking Sunday, 4/16 throuh Saturday, 4/22/2017?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
For Sunday, we shared a Cornish hen and Caribbean corn bread stuffing with Norman Van Aken VA sauce/jus.

Cornbread, more like corncake it was so moist and light. Red onion, corn, habanero pepper, buttermilk, manchego cheese (though I used parm since I didn't feel like digging in the freezer). I was lucky Craig left enough for me to use for the stuffing. I have a feeling I'll be using this for recipe for cornbread from now on.

Stuffing, red bell, problano, chaurice, the cornbread above plus chicken stock.

Jus/sauce, ancho chili, piquin chili, cumin seed, sherry vinegar, sherry, and chicken broth.

We had extra dressing/stuffing for a side plus asparagus with citrus butter sauce.

Dessert was limoncello, a batch I've had working for a couple of weeks since we had some extra lemons.

ihDP0-d0Flzs8NRYjHln5eh0wzrjk6GXTsjJBd7QOTwpX92IB

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Here is a picture of my pressure cooker stuffed artichoke. So fast and easy to cook in the IP.

stuffed_artichoke_IP_041617_P1100068.jpg

Sorry no pictures of the main course. Everyone wanted to eat.

I didn't get to the cheesecake last night so I made it today. It will be chilled and topped tomorrow.

Here is a picture of my un-topped pressure cooker cheesecake.
Will update finished cake picture tomorrow. I have never had a pressure cooker cheesecake. Can't wait to try it.

cheesecake_IP_041617_P1100072.jpg

Embryodad

I cooked the basic meal for Sunday Dinner.
Baked Butt Half "Cooks" Ham; baked with the pineapple rings, and cherries, and glaze..
A turkey breast........
Kielbasa, and mashed potatoes and potato salad.The girls made all the veggies.
DIL made home made manicotti.

Kentucky whisky cake, and a carrot cake.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, I forgot to add, those little ovoid shapes out front are pearl onions that roasted/caramelized along with the cornish hen.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Easy Holiday for me........... dinner party at a neighbor's house; All I had to do was the Candied Sweets

.... and the Salad !

Tonight will be Tiger Prawns and Sea Scallops one way or another..........

Embryodad

Easy Holiday for me........... dinner party at a neighbor's house; All I had to do was the Candied Sweets

.... and the Salad !

Tonight will be Tiger Prawns and Sea Scallops one way or another..........

The candied sweet potatoes sure do look good, and the salad too!
Would you believe, this year was a first, that we didn't have sweet candied potatoes. DD made them with apple maple flavoring. I missed the candied ones.:confused:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We just picked around for dinner this evening.
Next trip to the grocery is Thursday, so it was as they say, cleaning the fridge and freezer.

Embryodad

Tina and I played, "Poke & Pick" at the ham that is leftover.
We sat and rolled the ham back and forth to each other, and pick and poke at it with paring knives.

Had potato salad, and when the ham slid off the table, and onto the floor, we quit!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tina and I played, "Poke & Pick" at the ham that is leftover.
We sat and rolled the ham back and forth to each other, and pick and poke at it with paring knives.

Had potato salad, and when the ham slid off the table, and onto the floor, we quit!
0511-0908-1822-0128.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had quick Thai chicken thighs from damndelicious.com with jasmine rice nad sauteed bok choy as sides. I'll cook the chicken at a bit lower temp next time as the sauce got a bit dark around the edges in the pan and there was certainly no need to cook the chicken thighs under the broiler for a few minutes as the recipe called for. It was pretty darn good.

JKIPWU8Ly-2oSlzk_DHv7RI0CpE0JdAgzUhpR60fLAApX92IB

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had quick Thai chicken thighs from damndelicious.com with jasmine rice nad sauteed bok choy as sides. I'll cook the chicken at a bit lower temp next time as the sauce got a bit dark around the edges in the pan and there was certainly no need to cook the chicken thighs under the broiler for a few minutes as the recipe called for. It was pretty darn good.

JKIPWU8Ly-2oSlzk_DHv7RI0CpE0JdAgzUhpR60fLAApX92IB

Looks good. Link is broken.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's repast ;

Panko-Topped Tilapia Filet, Stewed Tomato-Topped Mac n' Cheese,
Three Bean Salad

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That sounds good Lollie. I checked the link. Some good choices there. Thanks for posting the link.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My Lunch Today .................

Those look great! I could eat those all the time if they weren't so dang expensive.

Beautiful cheesecake, Peeps!

I was up with the chickens today, so I decided to make another batch of greens gumbo for the freezer.

Used turnip greens this time just because they looked better than the mustard greens:

IMG_6731.jpg

I made another yogurt pound cake. The first time I made it was kind of a trial run to see if it was something that I'd like to make again. I loved it so decided to do it again last weekend. First time the cake came out of the pan perfectly. Second time, as luck would have it when I really wanted it to be purty :), a small hunk stuck to the bottom. I had to gently pry the hunk out and stick it back on as best I could. Dang, Dang, Double Dang

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you cooksie.

Did you post your cake recipe?

Do you have a chocolate pound cake recipe using yogurt?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
For Wednesday night's dinner, we had roast pork loin with romesco sauce, grilled scallions and Spanish saffron rice. I just cooked a small piece of the pork loin and everything is gone, gone, gone.

OVWp94s9w1c3avdo0mVjF2k5mq3tNwOaQsRbaUxfnEwpX92IB